Monitors and vision problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jayford, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Forget that last question. I figured this out in about 2 minutes.

Jay

#21     Nov 27, 2003
  2. taodr

taodr

#22     Nov 27, 2003
  3. ===
    Full spectrum makes a notable difference in my reading also;
    full spectrum light designed to approximate sunlight.:cool:

Occasionaly dusting moniter helped.

=====

Love Learning- Solomon, trader king.

#23     Nov 29, 2003
  4. DTK

DTK

Which UltraLux or OTT-LITE product do you use? Got any recommendations?

#24     Nov 29, 2003
  5. DTK

DTK

Has anyone ever tried vision strengthening or protection programs like Vision for life (http://www.rebuildyourvision.com/home) or The See Clearly Method (http://www.seeclearlymethod.com/) ? They sound kind of gimmicky but I’d be willing to put in the time if someone (not testimonials on the site) has had experience with it and was willing to share.

#25     Nov 29, 2003
  6. pspr

pspr

The See Clearly method was found not to work by one of the TV consumer programs. Forgot which one.

#26     Nov 29, 2003
  7. gnome

gnome

I'd be interested in this topic for myself. I read some links off of Google... conclusion is that it basically does not work.

#27     Nov 29, 2003
  8. I can't see how SeeClearly can work (no pun intended). Nearsightedness is caused by an elongated eyeball, mostly a hereditary condition. The image focuses in front of the retina instead of on it. The muscles that control the eye's movement are attached at the sides of the eyeball, and no amount of exercise will cause the eyeball to return to a spherical shape.

Just my 2c worth, which is all I think those systems are worth.

Keep your office/room lighting low so you can keep the brightness on your monitors at a lower setting and it'll do wonders for you. Too many people have overhead flourescent lighting which kills the backlights on many LCDs, so they compensate by turning up the brightness . . . result is eyestrain.

#28     Nov 29, 2003
  9. Hi All,

I don't have any competence in this matter. I would like to point out though that this subject is alive a long time. More than 100 years ago, the writer Huxley wrote a book about this subject. He himself had very bad eyesight and claimed to have improved it dramatically by exercise only. (Huxley was the son of a world famous physician, the first defender of Darwin's theories)

Maybe somebody can give a better reference to this, eventually correct me, it is simply too long ago I read this.

nononsense

#29     Nov 30, 2003
  10. agpilot

agpilot

Hi. You might checkout this paperback from Conerstone Library.
    "Do you really need Eyeglasses" by Michael Windolph. This book is old but maybe you could locate one yet.

The info is based on theories of Dr.Wm H.Bates who developed effective eye exercises.

agpilot ..(who depended greatly on sharp eyes when flying)

#30     Nov 30, 2003