Monitors and vision problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jayford, Nov 26, 2003.

1. 40Deuce

40Deuce

Jayford
    there was a really good thread on this a few months back

I would do a search on ET

#11     Nov 26, 2003
  2. thanks for the replys so far. I don't have macular degeneration, but I may have some sort of cone degeneration, which is bad enough. Or maybe I just fried my retina and it needs a break. Gonna see the doc ASAP.

Jay

#12     Nov 26, 2003
  3. gnome

gnome

Maybe you've just got "floaters"... a common affliction of aging.

#13     Nov 26, 2003
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

#14     Nov 26, 2003
  5. seisan

seisan

Here's what's worked for me the past few years - in home office, anyway:

• [*]A 19" Dell Trinitron chosen back in Feb 2000 for its "best of" rating for clarity of print over graphics.

[*]Using a soft dove gray background with a dark burgundy print; but being a Texas Ex, the too-similiar-to-Aggie Maroon started buggin' me after a while.... :D Since then, a light cream background with a dark blue print has proven to be a very effective solution to the standard stark and glaring black on white.

[*]Using full spectrum (overhead and/or task) lighting such as UltraLux or OTT-LITE.

#15     Nov 27, 2003
  6. Did somebody say Vision problem?

#16     Nov 27, 2003
  7. Just grab your balls ...........and turn your head and cough!!!!! Thats what my eye doctor did to me. Hey wait a minute that has nothing to do with eyesight:eek:

Seriously I had the same problem and I went to 2 eye doctors and a Opthomologist. Basically they all told me to take a break every 20 minutes and try tou focus on objects outside (Because of the natural light)

#17     Nov 27, 2003
  8. Anyone know how to set the background colors in win XP so that it doesn't default to white?

#18     Nov 27, 2003
  9. In what application? Every app has different settings.

#19     Nov 27, 2003
  10. Well, i was hoping I could set it to default to a given color in all apps. Guess not. MS Word would be a good start

#20     Nov 27, 2003