Monitor size: 2 big or 4 little?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chisel, Jun 21, 2002.

1. mktman

mktman

Who is the manufacturer of 21" your looking at?
    Model?
    A/D?

thx.

mktman

#11     Jun 25, 2002
  2. LelandC

LelandC

#12     Jun 25, 2002
  3. I use CRT's and I find my vision going blurry by the end of the session.

I heard that the higher contrast and lower light emission of Flat Panels are easy on the retinas. Any comments?

#13     Jun 25, 2002
  4. BillyG67

BillyG67

I agree that the lcd flat panels are easier on the eyes. The contrast difference is a biggy, But when looking for a monitor dont forget the dpi (flat panel or crt) and refresh rates are important . also the monitors should be compatable as far as refresh rates to insure the graphics card can display at the same resolutions(if preffered)

#14     Jul 7, 2002
  5. I just bought 4 digital 15" LCD's from viewsonic. Also got the Appian Rushmore quad-dvi pci card. Expect to have time to try it out by end of week. I'll let you know how it turns out if you can wait that long...

... currently use two 17" digital lcd's, 1 24" CRT both at 1600x1200. And a 15" analog lcd at 1024x768.

#16     Jul 8, 2002
  6. machine

machine

I use Glare filters for regular monitors. Before I started to use them I had the same problem as you described but now I have no problems with my eyes at all :cool: . It cost me about $120 Canadian (for 19''-21''). You can find them at Staples or look here -
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=glare+filters

#17     Jul 8, 2002
  7. machine

machine

3 x 15" Display system - X-Top 6 port hub making this system expandable to 6 screens at any time. Features 3 NEC 1500V high quality screens in 3 across formation. Excellent entry level system. Comes with Matrox G550 AGP dual head and Matrox G450 PCI dual head video cards. All you need is a computer and you are ready to go. $2,899

That's a robbery!!!:mad:

#18     Jul 8, 2002

8. Took have the day off from trading today. Got all four VIEWSONIC VG151b monitors configured on a quad-monitor arm from ergotron. Driven by a quad-dvi APPIAN RUSHMORE pci card, in windows XP. Flawless. I highly recommend this setup. This system is already expensive, but if money were not an issue I'd select 17's, (at lower res for larger text) maybe even 6 of them.

ELSA makes the best digital LCDs I've seen. Plus their 1/8 inch border makes them fit together almost seamlessly. But ouch! too expensive!

#19     Jul 8, 2002
  9. Give us an update in 3 or 4 months.. I'm running 2 17in, one was $1200, one was $600 (In my defense the expensive syncmaster171 has a built-in tuner and can be used as a television as soon as they come out with 21" flatpanels that can do 1600x1200 for the same price..)

The cheaper lcd, a no-name with great specs, is perfectly serviceable, but definitely lesser quality (even @ 75hz there are some artifacts in my charting application, brightness difference is huge, etc).

On the flip side, I've been staring at monitors for 12+ hours a day, every day, for nearly a decade (programmer), and I'm picky about this stuff.

#20     Jul 21, 2002