Monitor Refresh Rate

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AAAintheBeltway, Apr 3, 2012.

1. I was looking at that one and the G215HV model, which is cheaper but I guess doesn't have the LED backlight. Not sure how important that is.

#21     Apr 4, 2012
  2. +50

The light is at 50Hz here and I get a headache if monitor is run at low frequencies, close to the power freq.

(Also, if you run high frequency strats. you need to run the monitors at high freq. too, I was told :D .)

#22     Apr 4, 2012
  3. GTS

GTS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refresh_rate

Liquid crystal displays

Refresh rate or the temporal resolution of an LCD is the number of times per second in which the display draws the data it is being given. Since activated LCD pixels do not flash on/off between frames, LCD monitors exhibit no refresh-induced flicker, no matter how low the refresh rate. High-end LCD televisions now feature up to 600 Hz refresh rate, which requires advanced digital processing to insert additional interpolated frames between the real images to smooth the image motion. However, such high refresh rates may not be actually supported by pixel response times and the result can be visual artifacts that distort the image in unpleasant ways.

#23     Apr 4, 2012
  4. Yes, it was with my old monitor. Not the lcd.
    Sorry.

#24     Apr 4, 2012