Monitor problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ken__0, Nov 17, 2016.

1. ken__0

ken__0

All of a sudden my middle monitor wont center the screen correctly, So i can see the entire screen. A lil is cutoff one side or another.
    Anybody have a fix for this .?

2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

On the right side there is an X button, and to the left of that button there is little button with a square, click on it. Alternatively, you can drag the edge of the program to the edge of the monitor. I hope this helps. If not, show a screenshot of the monitor.

3. ken__0

ken__0

thx i know how to ex pand and contract my screen when I screen shot it it showed the full screen. when i full screen the middle monitor it cuts the right side out so i have to drag it left to even click on any of those buttons.

4. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Ok, so try this: Control Panel, put the word "monitor" in the search box at the top.
    You should see "Display" then "Set up computer to use multiple monitors". Try and reset it.
    upload_2016-11-17_11-4-38.png

5. kmiklas

kmiklas

Before you start fiddling with settings, do a cold restart.

Specifically, do not hibernate, sleep, suspend, or even reboot.

Close everything down, shut down, wait a minute or two, and then start your machine back up.

6. ken__0

ken__0

Thanks guys I tried all that still have to manually adjust screen size to fit .
    i may disconnect the middle from the video card and reconnect and adjust in settings again .

7. Has there been a update happen for your graphics card?

I had mine play up when AMD rolled out a new version of Catalyst Control Center (V 15.xxxxxx I think from memory). It wouldn't even register 2 of the 4 monitors with the new version.

I rolled back to the original I had been using (V 14. xxxxxx) and its worked fine since.

The other thing I've run into is when a windows screen calibration setting changes or is off when compared to the setting is CCC, it can cause some weird things to happen.

In Windows (8.1), check - Control Panel > Appearance and Personalisation > Display > Screen Resolution.

Check its registering all monitors and their correct resolution and other settings for each one.

Then check the settings in your graphics card app/program.

8. ken__0

ken__0

Thx for the tip I actually due have the amd cataylst control center.

9. Overnight

Overnight

Most monitors these days still have buttons on them, to get to it's own on-screen menu (not through Windows or Linux or whatever). Check yours. You may find one there to get to the built-in monitor menu. Look for the option that reads "Auto-adjust", "Auto-align" or some variation thereof. Choose it. Might make it all better for ya'.

10. ken__0

ken__0

Its about 10 years old still worked with image reset.
    Problem solved thx.

#10     Nov 19, 2016