Monitor For Trading (LG 34UM69G-B)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Robby Luca, Sep 6, 2017.

1. JackRab

JackRab

energy efficient?

shouldn't this be in hardware?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

2560x1080 is less monitor space than two 24" monitors that are 1920 X 1200. I'd recommend 2 that are 1920 x 1200. The extra space is a big deal. Something like this but with the connectors you need. These should last 5 to 7 years. Worth the extra money. I'm not recommending the Samsung, just the resolution.

3. birzos

birzos

No, you want the 3440 version, those are cracking monitors for trading, am writing this right now while the 1sc/1mn/5mn do they thing in other windows, knowledge is power.

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

5. Dell has a deal on for U2412M monitors... 16:10, for $179 with $75 gift card attached. 2 of those could give you 2400x1920 in portrait mode. That's what I use and is excellent! ("Tall" charts better than "wide" chart better IMV.) Good for "4-windows" as well.

Search for the link.

6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I would have an issue with having that much visual real estate on a single monitor -- if the monitor/video card section went south, there'd be no more screen. Any way to get that into a more modular form?

("Oh yeahhhhhh!")

So over the past 6 months, my 8yo VGA monitor has gone from perfect to needing a minute's warm-up, to needing 5-10 minutes. As this is an electronic failure in the making, there is nothing which *I* can do about it. It's 1/3rd of my screenage. I replaced it, for US$10, with a fine Dell unit I'd bought some time ago.

My 10yo DVI-D unit (another 1/3rd) got a flicker in it, about 8 years ago. By luck, I found out that if I rapped it on the north-east corner, the flicker disappeared. But it happened often enough that I bought a little 1lb rubber mallet at one of those tool/surplus stores, to simplify things. Well, over the past year or two, the rapping (of necessity) has gotten more frequent, more purposeful, and over more compass points. It's obviously a mechanical failure, and I thought before I nuked the monitor, I would pop the screws and look for a bad solder joint/s.

But the other day, I was in a pawn shop, and asked about (not visually obvious) monitors. The guy pointed nearly to my feet: they had a bunch, turned sideways to fit on the shelves. I bought a beauty Dell 1707fptt -- $400 new. I took it home for $8.

"Jus' sayin'..."

7. Efficient = Convenient. Sorry about the confusion.

Good point.

But I should have mentioned, I'd would also like to use the monitor to watch movies or gaming when my actually TV is being used by someone else. That is why I was looking for a single monitor. At the moment I use 2 monitors.

8. maxinger

maxinger

well. It really depends on what you trade, how you trade, what sort of trader you are.
    So there is no right or wrong answer.

I uses three Samsung 32" monitors (portrait format) to a computer,
    and another two smaller monitors to a 2nd computer.