MoneyShow Virtual Expo - See Ken & others

Discussion in 'Events' started by KCalhoun, Jul 23, 2022.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

2. mikeriley

mikeriley

Just perused the full schedule. That's a helluva line up.

I'm interested in the seminar on TRADING STRATEGIES OF THE WORLD'S LEADING TRADERS by Alpesh Patel

Unfortunately 11:30am is not an optimal time.

But why is someone giving a class on Parkinson's Disease at
    a Traders/Investing Seminar? That seems odd. (or maybe not)o_O

3. I can pretty much guarantee you if someone is truly one "of the world's leading traders"....they certainly won't be talking about their process openly left and right,

You hope to find caviar and champagne and filet mignon....but end up eating Twinkies and McDonald's and Pepsi and Chips Ahoy.

M.W., mason macgregorson and ET180 like this.
  4. mikeriley

mikeriley

I assume you've yet to study Jack Schwagers Market Wizards books.
    There are many others also, like William O'Neil and Mark Minervini who
    disclose in detail their process.

5. Those guys have anomaly performances, or not scalable models. The game is basically over for them, so they talk about the process models openly. Otherwise, they would truly use it themselves privately.

Larry Williams had like a 11,000% return to win the 1987 world trading competition. But doesn't it strike you as odd....that was his one and only shining moment, and all subsequent years had only like a 120% return average to win,
    All kinds of trickery and magic and hocus pocus presented,

6. mason macgregorson likes this.
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

I admit, it's odd to live rent-free in this guy's head. Then again, he/she/preferred pronoun lives rent-free in Section 8.
    bert.png

8. MKTrader

MKTrader

Guys like Williams trade highly-leveraged, hit-or-miss strategies like trend-following, breakouts or even counter-trend. I'll give him credit for still having some of his systems tracked. That's a LOT more than most gurus will do. AFAIK, Bollinger, all the "candlestick" experts, Tom Demark, Pring, John Murphy, etc. never had their performances monitored.
    Commodity Trading Advisor Profiles (autumngold.com)

1987 was a crazy year with the 20% drop in one day. It's possible you could make a killing or go broke. I'm not surprised if someone can't repeat their performance from that year. It might have been more luck than skill, but crazy things can happen when you combine leverage and black swans.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Moneyshow events are well-attended by smart traders, and vendors, for good reason. I've been a speaker at these events for 20+ years.

It's great to have events both in person and online to provide solid training by recognized industry experts. In today's tough environment, it's good to see industry events that genuinely help traders pick up new ideas.

#10     Jul 24, 2022