Money Supply

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ShoeshineBoy, Dec 22, 2003.

1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that stat hard to believe!

#41     Dec 26, 2003

2. Shoeshine, I have no idea what Greenspan’s motives are. I just wanted to point out a fascinating irony, and one of the most hypocritical things I have every seen.

#42     Dec 26, 2003
  3. That is a bizarre story. Another case of "the truth is stranger than fiction".

#43     Dec 26, 2003
  4. It's not so hard to believe when one knows how it was manipulated from : with wars and ecological destructions GDP will grow haha !

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24684&highlight=aftertax

after-tax corporate profits fell 3.4% but Defense up 46%

"The panicky effort of the Fed to stimulate economic growth does produce what it considers favorable economic reports, recently citing second quarter growth this year at 3.1%. But in the footnotes, we find that military spending—almost all of which is overseas- was up an astounding 46%. This, of course, represents deficit spending financed by the Federal Reserve’s printing press. In the same quarter, after-tax corporate profits fell 3.4%. This is hardly a reassuring report on the health of our economy and merely reflects the bankruptcy of current economic policy. "

And who are the benefits ? Answer below:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article3309.htm

There’s no business like war business
    By William Bowles

05/11/03: (Information Clearing House) There are so many connections between the Bushes, the ‘Defence’ establishment, the global trade in arms, that the mind boggles. That it barely gets a mention in the mainstream media (except of course, to simply ‘report’ it) is a scandal of the grandest proportions. But it only goes to show the power of big business and the political class they have installed in both the US and the UK (after all, John Major is employed by the Carlyle Group and BAE Systems, the major arms supplier to the UK, is part-owned by Carlyle). Not only the connections beggar belief but the sheer hypocrisy of the Bush government should put it in a new category in the Guinness Book of Records! As you’ll see from just of a few of the links to information on Carlyle below, their tentacles extend to many of the armed conflicts going on in the world. There’s no business like war business!

#44     Dec 28, 2003