Money, Money!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Learner, Mar 25, 2005.

How are you doing?

1. 100%+

13 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. 50%-100%

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. 10%-50%

15 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. 5%-10%

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. <5%

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Loss

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. liulala

I am a Trader!

I am a "Yield Trader", that is... I find measuring my results in percentages based on capital deposited, is a fair and accurate way to record my progress and serves as a benchmark to tell me if I am "On Track"...How else would you measure multiple systems and methodologies against each other?

How high is your "Gambling Meter" set?

Michael B.

Percent is used for investor, for traders, how much money made is more important.

#11     Jun 11, 2005
  2. I just trade. I don't care about how much money or % return i make. After years of trading i know how much i make on average each month. It's always more than i need to pay the bills, that's the most important thing. Trading has become a routine, the exitement is gone mostly.

The only two important things:
    i check every day: did i do what i had to do according to my system?

And the second important thing: if i get stopped out the next trade must be a winner or a small loser, i refuse to take two consecutive stopped out trades.

#12     Jun 11, 2005
  3. yeah spike,

I have tried to circumvent monotony with a little competition with myself. Its all that I can do to push myself and keep my interest. Adding another system to complement my portfolio of systems without diluting my effectiveness is always the high point of my day (s).

The search to increase effectiveness is my lifeblood and keeps it interesting.

I have noticed your posts spike, and I admit, I cannot hold a candle to the knowledge that you demonstrate. Really, I understand what you are saying and not disagreeing.

Michael B.

#13     Jun 11, 2005
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Get good percents and the money will follow.

#14     Jun 11, 2005
  5. twalker

twalker

I think percent is an important measure if you want to attract capital and market yourself but if you trade for yourself the first concern for me is always covering my monthly office and living costs and that is always a clear dollar amount.
    I like to look at % as they always look far more impressive than the net dollar take-home.
    Lets face it, if you need to make your living trading and you are not rolling in disposable cash the biggest problem is that you have to draw the majority of your earnings each month to live life as you are used to living it. As a result the compounding that looks so impressive on charts just doesn't happen.

#15     Jun 11, 2005