Money, Money!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Learner, Mar 25, 2005.

How are you doing?

1. 100%+

13 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. 50%-100%

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. 10%-50%

15 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. 5%-10%

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. <5%

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Loss

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. Learner

Learner

Hello fellow traders,

It is almost 3 months into the year. How much you guys made? Have you done your quarterly target?

Me? 100%+

2. liulala

liulala

Percent is used for investor, for traders, how much money made is more important.

3. I think money made is just as important to investors as it is to traders.

4. Learner

Learner

It is not hard to tell who is doing better.

Trader A £20K account, made £45K net in 3 months (180%, total £65K).
    Trader B £200K account, made £50K net in 3 months (25%, total £250K).

5. lescor

lescor

I have a monthly goal in $ terms. January was slightly ahead, February about half, March just sucked.

6. Learner

Learner

Hello fellow traders,

It is almost 6 months into the year. How much you guys made? Have you done your quarterly target?

Me? 270%+

7. macaw

macaw

I lost the ranch in March as well and I keep hearing the same thing from other people.
    It amazes me that with all the different strategies and products that people trade, there can be so many losers at the same time. Just a lack of volatility, trend?

8. inCom

inCom

Hello everyone
    I've made exactly 15% since January 1st to date, 47% since October 1st 2004.

Regards,
    -GS

9. lescor

lescor

I hit $100k net for the year last friday and this past week was pretty decent, so I'm back on track for my monthly and yearly goal ($20k/mo avg).

I trade prop so I couldn't tell you what that is in % terms.

10. I started the year off with 100k in my trading account. As of yesterdays close I am up $6078.32. The SPX started the year at 1202.1 on Jan 3rd and yesterday closed at 1198.1. I consider my performance clobbering the avg`s.

I would love to take my strategy prop for some major leverage but don't think any shops will let me trade overnights like I do.

#10     Jun 11, 2005