Money Managers with $10M aum - Need Your Advice

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jsyyap, Jul 11, 2008.

#11     Jul 14, 2008
  2. Its "par for the course" here.

There are few professionals left after the recent problems with trolls on the site....

I imagine like most things in life, that it will eventually swing the other way, but right now, you have a lot of folks with emotional issues responding to threads.

So I guess the best advice is to be cautious and patient when you post, and don't expect a lot of focused response.

Good luck
    Steve

#12     Jul 14, 2008
    #13     Jul 14, 2008
  4. nitro

nitro

1) Build a strong team.
    2) Have relevant experience
    3) Show that you can return x% while not having more than y% drawdown

We would do nothing differently.

nitro

#14     Jul 14, 2008
  5. 1) Find the right avenues one way or another to go after large clients, individual or institutional.

2) Be very clear upfront about expectations and risk levels.

3) Be very sure that your program will fall within those expectations and risk levels.

4) I wouldn't accept tiny accounts again as that type of client isn't worth the time they will require and suffering they will cause you and they are the most sensitive to the fluctuations in the account.

5) Don't accept money from family and friends. It is not worth it.

Good luck!

#15     Jul 14, 2008
  6. Do you guys charge a % of AUM or % of profits...or a combo with high watermark?

#16     Jul 14, 2008
  7. nitro

nitro

The bigger the amount of money, the more it goes to a % of AUM and performance fee, in other words, a traditional hedge fund structure. The less the money, it is almost always in my experience % of profits, with small (50-75K) base draw/"salary" against profits.

Depends on how many middle men there are too.

nitro

#17     Jul 14, 2008

8. Combo with high watermark...

#18     Jul 14, 2008

9. ohh GOD is this twisted logic! Please tell me you are testing us!

Salary? LMAO!!!!! YA got it backwards nicetro, the bigger the money the LESS THE FEES. BIG money TELLS you what they want to pay, not the other way around. this is quite the comedy thread!

#19     Jul 14, 2008
  10. a "we" and its under 10 million?? LMAO!!!

#20     Jul 14, 2008