Money Management

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by zenith, Aug 18, 2005.

1. zenith

zenith

Can anybody recommend good book on Money Management and Position sizing?

Thank you

2. Trade you way to Financial Freedom by Van Tharp is the best I've seen and is published in 2000.

3. Agreed. Dr Tharps website also has a free game you can download that will help you with money management tremendously.

4. I am not familiar with Mr. Tharps work.

But I found The Trading Game by Ryan Jones very impressive and easy to read. The author delves into the difference between using a fixed ratio and a fixed fractional method, and how and when to apply both at different levels of capital growth.

Good luck.

5. TRADING BUBBLE

6. we covered this already but the book that kicked off the new era is "Portfolio Management Formulas" by Ralph Vince. It's a must read.

7. APC:

If you wouldn't mind, could you elaborate on this book a little ?

It sound like a book for asset allocation, not risk and position growth. Is that right?

Thanks !

8. Am I to assume that you employ the so-called Optimal f? I confess that I have not read his book, and have only read articles either by or about him some years ago. The only lasting impression I have is that anyone who uses Optimal f, as Vince describes it, will likely get optimally f 'ed sooner rather than later. Of course, I could be wrong. Please advise.