Money Management books

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by noname, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Acrary,

This is familiar to me in that Ryan Jones advocated doing this vis-a-vis the 1) "generic" fixed fractional (of which optimal f is but one of the variants) versus 2) the fixed ratio... it obviously makes sense to start with with the "accelerated" fixed fractional and then make the transition to the "equal effort per size increment" fixed ratio at the crossover point... I remain stumped, though, on which factor to impute into the fixed ratio calculation in order to obtain the hypothetical crossover point (assuming you have chosen a given risk factor for the fixed fractional technique, how do you go about "choosing" the factor for the fixed ratio, in order to enable you to draw the crossover chart?)... basic fixed fractional methodologies have served me well to date but I, one assumes like you, am starting to get that "toppy size" feeling :p

Candle

#11     Jul 19, 2003
  2. Use the Google search term exactly as given, and you may find something of interest: /mm/jones.pdf

Nothing to do with me (I ain't Russian), but it could save you a trip to the bookshop :cool:

Moderator: feel free to delete this post, if you think its a no-no...

#12     Jul 20, 2003
  3. gms

gms

Following up on your suspicion, in "Investment Secrets of a Hedge Fund Manager" by Connors & Hayword, the preface states, "A publisher of a major financial publishing house told us that more than 90 percent of the trading books on the market today are written by individuals who do not trade for a living... their primary income is derived from sources outside of trading."

"Batting 100%" is equivalent to "batting 1,000", right?

#13     Jul 20, 2003
  4. Ralph Vince...

Then all those Math books...

#14     Jul 20, 2003
  5. man

man

frustrating to realise how many ignore lists one has already entered ...

peace

#15     Jul 22, 2003
  6. benysl

benysl

Ryan Jones Fixed Ratio is the best out there.

Personally I am a fan of Ryan Jones. After reading The Trading Game, I am so convinced it will work and backtest it and yes it work.

I bought his video both the basic and advanced course. Easier to under thru video but not neccessary. His book and video talk about the same thing. But I have no regret buying his book and video.

Good luck trading

#16     Jul 22, 2003
  7. Winner Take All by Gallacher makes a mockery of most other money management books. He takes a nice chunk out of Ralph Vince's hide.

Of particular interest is his observation that risking 6% on a trade is no more risky that risking 2% on a trade.

The money management chapter is quite brief, but quite thought provoking. Also a lot of insight into diversivication and risk exposure.

Best all around trading book I have read.

Probably can get it cheap at www.tradersbrain.com

#17     Jul 23, 2003