Money Honey 2 leaving CNBC

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ChkitOut, Apr 28, 2011.

1. I'm surprised that CNN would hire her for a high profile spot, but they are so incompetent perhaps I shouldn't be. You'd think they could do a lot better, like maybe a weather gal from some small town market. Erin always seemed a little slow to me. We all know that connections count in the media biz though. Just ask Becky Quick.

#11     May 3, 2011
  2. "Giving the news"... is what they ALL should do. Their editorializing is annoying and usually stupid/biased... like Chris Matthews.

You want eye candy? Let's get some gook chicks... Susan Li, Cheryl Liu.

#12     May 3, 2011
  3. They are all interchangeable parts. They all push whatever agenda the producers tell them to (after the producers are coached by the corporate PR dept). It's all filtered for the masses bullshit, and alot of people know that at this point.

10 years ago that network was relevant, now it's a running joke and their ratings are proof of just how few people care.

#13     May 3, 2011
  4. Well, yeah. But if you're going to hear about Tiger Woods' latest bang, you don't want Mark Haines to tell it... you want some hottie in a short skirt... squirming with "chick wood"... to keep you abreast, right?

#14     May 3, 2011
  5. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

Melissa Lee is much hawter. Maria is the best. They'll find some hawt chick to replace Erin.

#15     May 3, 2011
  6. I don't see Melissa being as attractive as the others... but just goes to show you... "gook chicks are HOT"!

#16     May 3, 2011
  7. Melissa does a good job on Fast Money, which is really the only show I watch regularly.

#17     May 3, 2011
  8. nitro

nitro

Such disparaging remarks. Can we never just take someone's service for what it was, and give thanks?

I never thought she had enough free reigns in the morning and was shackled from speaking her mind (at least that was my perception). Her show on the other hand, well, I have used some of the clips on some of my postings sprinkled throughout ET. She took risks when she could (given the network), and I appreciated it.

Can we not hope that her new show does very well? I will be checking in to see if I can use some of the material to make a point. She doesn't want to just report, imo - She wants to make an impact. I would like to believe that the chance in scenery has to do with principle and not money, although if she got both, kudos!

If she could compact her experiences working for different networks over the years into one sentence, it might be:

"We shall not cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we started
    And know the place for the first time." - TS Eliot

#18     May 6, 2011
  9. Yes a running joke. The epitome of contrary investing.

#19     May 6, 2011
  10. dont really like this magazine but this was a pretty good issue

[​IMG]

#20     May 6, 2011