money equals happiness ???

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by marketsurfer, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Nitro and ShoeShineBoy both gave good responses here.

#21     Apr 27, 2003
  2. When money is used to bring happiness to others first, it then would also bring oneself happiness easily. :)

#22     Apr 27, 2003
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I have been a little rich and I have been very poor......
    ....I will tell you, being rich is much better.:D

#23     Apr 27, 2003
  4. I have a side question related to this thread:

What is it like to be a billionaire businessman? What is a typical day like for a Michael Dell or a Bill Gates? Do they have hectic stress filled 12 hour days? Do they wake every morning saying, "I love this! I can't wait to get started today!" What do you think it's like on a daily basis to be one of these guys? What's their life truly like?? Any insights or links, or books you'd recommend ?

#24     Apr 27, 2003
  5. They hop into a limo, a Mercedes, a helicopter, one leg at a time just like normal folks enter a bus, an 8 year old Dodge, or a subway and step into their transportatoin one leg at a time too.

#25     Apr 27, 2003
  6. Good post. I know exactly what you mean. I'm not suicidal or anything, but it does really suck when you have no money. I contain my frustration good when I'm around my friends, I'm still one of the best people to drink with etc., but when I'm alone, inside my mind I'm very frustrated.

#26     Apr 27, 2003
  7. Do you think these billionaires get the adulation and attention that say a Rock Star or a Movie Star receives? For instance, when M. Dell walks down the street do people point at him and say "Pssst look ...That's Michael Dell isn't it!!?? I can't believe that's actually him!!" Do people bow down and constantly kiss his a$$? Is there always an entourage of people around him?? Does he have bodyguards?? Is he treated like a demi-god wherever he goes?? what do you think?

#27     Apr 27, 2003
  8. For me, freedom is happiness... money is a means to freedom...

#28     Apr 27, 2003
  9. God#9

God#9 Guest

Any educated, sane person who denies himself the fact that THE aim of life is nothing more then self gratification, is lying to themselves.

All those other things are just derivatives of ‘happiness’.

#29     Apr 27, 2003
  10. Not having to set the alarm clock anymore probably added years to my life expectancy.

Traveler

#30     Apr 27, 2003