money doesn't make me happy, (nor anything else)

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by chewbacca, Nov 18, 2008.

1. what the fuck? This thought crosses my mind every day/night.

What I wanted years ago was to get to this point. Now that I'm there......it wasn't worth it.

Seriously. I love this post

I know everyone has their own opinions which is fine.....I can't speak for anyone else, but in all honesty trading has done one thing for me..........made me much more religious. It's given me more time and enthusiasm to explore/strengthen my faith.

I guess I'll just start tithing more. :confused:

#61     Nov 20, 2008
  2. Yes. I know how you feel. Its so stressful, I'd rather bust my ass at walmart all day packing grocery bags and running around the zamboni. What was I thinking.

#62     Nov 20, 2008
  3. The feeling's mutual.

#63     Nov 20, 2008
  4. I don't have a lot of money so I can't really say.

#64     Nov 20, 2008
  5. GTG

GTG

This stuff really works. For the past year, I had regularily been having days when I just couldn't get anything done. I would experience a difficult to explain feeling of apathy, and just sit spacing out at my screen for hours. When I would try to concentrate hard and get work done, everything I did was garbage. I just couldn't think properly when I having those days. It was as if something important in my brain just shut itself down.

This was during a time when I should have been excited about work, because I had just landed a big contract that would almost double my business's revenue, and it was this project that I was working on. My bad "down days" would happen about twice a month, and would usually last for a period of 2 or 3 days, but almost every week, I would have one mild day of these types of symptoms.

A few months back, on this board I read about D-Phanylalanine when Rearden Metal or maybe Fractals' R Us mentioned it. I started taking 500mg a day + St. Johns Wart. Within a day or 2 the "depression" lifted, and I have only had a couple of mild "down days" since. I suspect that it is mainly the D-Phanylalanine more than the St. Johns Wart the did the trick (but I am not taking any chances by stopping the St. Johns Wart, because I can't afford any down-time). The big project I was working on, is now almost complete, and we've allready recieved payment for it. I don't know if I could have done it without this stuff.

#65     Nov 20, 2008
  6. Bad Pita,
    I suggested Bangkok for many spiritual retreats in temples .

#66     Nov 21, 2008
  7. copa8

copa8

ask Luke to train you, so you can use the Force too.

#67     Nov 21, 2008
  8. I hear that Jabba the Hut had several worms. Perhaps going into business with one of them would put some unpredictability into your day...

#68     Nov 21, 2008
  9. [/size=3]Well, you have a vivid imagination, so you don't need the movies[/size]

#69     Nov 22, 2008