Money can't buy happiness

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by eagle, May 5, 2006.

1. Traders!... shoot for the stars do not limit yourselves. Seek out efficiency and apply it. Improve things.... never stop.

Make it work...deal with it...

Michael B.

#41     May 6, 2006
  2. Its not good when you want to fly a rocket to mars,

when you haven't even learned how to ride a bicycle to your local deli.

#42     May 6, 2006
  3. Define your steps....those baby steps can lead farther than you think or would like to imagine...open your mind...think outside of the box...

Your vision can be glorious. Along the way pat yourself on the back.

Michael B.

#43     May 6, 2006
  4. You are speaking of the moon,

I'm speaking in terms of mininum of 3M-30M

Relatively Achievable over 10 years.
    Money starts to replicate faster once you hit your first Million.

People like to dream big, and thats ok, I love to dream big, but then I do the math and I refocus down to something realistic yet BIG.

#44     May 6, 2006
  5. You will never reach greatness...

#45     May 6, 2006
  6. Greatness is all in the mind,
    Happiness is all in the mind.

Greatness has been achieved once you never have to work another day in life, free to travel anywhere in the world, work on anything you want, ability to donate money and help people.

That all.

Theres $$$ line once you can do all this. Its set around around 5M if you want to do charity.
    3M if you want to live alone.

#46     May 6, 2006
  7. You see..

While I am driving my wood-grain...

some like to try and prove how rich they are...

not my cup of tea..

I like to improve and grow. Efficiency measured with time, is what I strive for. The money will come...but not really the focus in my life just now, even though I am spending more and more time managing the money, finding its way to me.

Bill Gates is my idol. But Idols are for followers. But I would like to play golf with Bill Gates in my lifetime.

Michael B.

#47     May 6, 2006

8. You live in a world where you care little about your image/yourself because you have cubby holed yourself out from society.
    Maybe thats what you did all through your adolsecent years.

I live in a world where I respect myself highly to not drive a wood-grain car.

People exercise because it makes them feel healthy, great.
    <b>
    Dress like a winner, feel like a winner.
    </b>
    You don't exercise , do you?

#48     May 6, 2006
  9. Bill Gates is an anti-social with money.

He may be the richest man, but he sure isn't the happiest man compared to lets say

Virgin's CEO
    or Oracle's CEO

These people know how to live life.
    Have you seen him fidget like a crackhead when he talks?

Guess money doesn't buy happiness or confidence.

#49     May 6, 2006
  10. I like to deprive myself of the luxuries of life. I think I am scared to let my ego go and fall into a trap of thinking that I am better than others. It's probably a hang up that I need to improve on. but I find joy in little simple things. Thats just me and my background. I do not need a cell phone, so I do not own one...I drive 2k mile a year, so I keep my wood-grain.

I envision myself as a money making machine, growing in efficiency without limits. The quest to improve things is what I get occupied in. I think Donald Trump said this too.

Sounds corny doesn't it?

A few traders have allowed me to improve their systems without over optimizing or curve fitting. This is what I am very proud of.

I have often referred to my gym time here in ET...Why do you ask? Because I am fat?

Michael B.

#50     May 6, 2006