Money can't buy happiness

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by eagle, May 5, 2006.

1. Most ironic is that greed is what has gotten this planet near the state of ecological crisis.

Oh yeah, greed is REAL good.

#191     Jul 6, 2006
  2. eagle

eagle

There's some argument contradicts the title of this thread. The author stresses that if and only if money is wisely spent, it can provide some happiness.

Good reading folks!

#192     Sep 6, 2006
  3. BVM88

BVM88

Sure it can provide "happiness" in that sense, but can it provide the inner peace that all of us seek (at a deeper level)? If you want to find out I would suggest that you start by reading something like this rather than articles written by those who are themselves stuck on the treadmill and just scratching the surface like chickens looking for worms.

Good luck

edit
    not sure why inserted hyperlink does not show
    http://www.amazon.com/Power-Now-Gui...=pd_bbs_1/104-0167734-5558336?ie=UTF8&s=books

#193     Sep 6, 2006
  4. Amazing book. I have the audio version. The only issue with this kind of reading is that the person doing the reading must be ready for these ideas. Many will look at this and say, "what the %$^&?" while it may make perfect sense for others. It makes no sense to review or read reviews of such works as this or Yogananda or Neale Donald Walsch or Franz Kafka Rumi or any others who speak of happiness, life and existence from a different perspective.

My point is that one's interpretation of happiness is the same as one's interpretation of the ideas presented in these writings. It is highly personal and depends highly on whether or not the reader or opinion-provider's consciousness.

#194     Sep 6, 2006