Money can't buy happiness

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by eagle, May 5, 2006.

1. "Ive been poor and unhappy and ive been rich and unhappy.
    Rich was better"

Actually if you are unhappy anyway, money wont make any
    difference, infact it might make things worse.

But if you are happy already then money will make you even happier :)

#11     May 5, 2006
  2. #12     May 5, 2006
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I cant remember who said this I think it was David Lee Roth, anyway I think its a great quote. "Money wont buy you happiness, but it will buy you the yacht that will bring you to within swimming distance of it."

Brandon.

#13     May 5, 2006
  4. having money & wealth is different than being world's richest man. they're not mutually exclusive.

JIM: You think I'm joking. I am not joking. I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? I'll tell you, it's a weird thing to say. I'm a f**king millionaire. Now guess how old I am? Twenty-seven. You know what that makes me here? A f**king senior citizen. This firm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I am very f**king good at my job or I'd be out of one. You guys are the new blood. You're gonna go home with the kesef. You're the future Big- Swinging-Dicks of this firm. Now you all look money hungry and that's good. Anybody who says money is the root of all evil, doesn't have it! Money can't buy happiness? Look at the f**king smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby. You wanna hear details? I drive a Ferrari 355 cabriolet. I have a ridiculous house on the South Fork. I've got every toy you can imagine. And best of all, kids, I am liquid.

boiler room
    http://www.generationterrorists.com/quotes/boiler_room.shtml

#14     May 5, 2006
  5. that's a no brainer innit[?]

if u want to feed u children healthy food'n'send 'em to da best schools therefore givin 'em a chance to have a shot at life u need some cash..same cud be said for thousands of things that cost money but can deepen u cultural knowledge'n'refine u taste.

of course give mavericco a couple of mins to come here'n'say it is all bs.

#15     May 5, 2006
  6. eagle

eagle

I would like to thank everyone who share your thought about the relation of money and happiness.

The answers that we got were in relation between NotHave and Have and then the choice is obvious. When it comes to answer directly to the question does money can buy happiness, the yes was not direct and was not affirmed with authority. When one were poor and unhappy does one will find happiness when one become rich? Again the answer will not be always yes. Thanks again for your participation.

#16     May 6, 2006
  7. Money just allows you to trade one set of worries for another.

Think of the Maslow pyramid with an infinitely sharp peak -- however high you go, the view never changes.

#17     May 6, 2006
  8. I was listening to the biographer of Howard Hughes on the radio and it stuck me - if money truly would buy peace of mind Howard would not have been so miserable. His life is also an extreme demonstration of many other paranoid, disfunction and insane rich people in the world. They usually die alone, unloved after alienating every single people in the world.

#18     May 6, 2006
  9. mhashe

mhashe

"Money can't buy happiness"

This is a poor mans quote, afflicted with poverty in spirit and poverty in means. Another poor mans saying is .... "money is the root of all evil", when in fact it should be ....."The lack of money is the cause of all evil".

#19     May 6, 2006
  10. I have never made so much money in my life as I am now. I do not see the difference...Does that mean I should make more?

#20     May 6, 2006