Monetization path for selling / licensing trading strategies

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Aquarians, Jan 6, 2021.

1. There are two steps in establishing a business: execution and selling. Execution is a sine qua non of the whole and may take years, yet it's at best 10% of the whole effort. I've pointed out before, there are 100 million executions on GitHub all worthless from a cas$hflow point of view.

Selling stuff is 90% of the effort if not 99%. Chances are most attempted businesses will never sell anything yet sell enough to become viable.

#11     Jan 7, 2021
  2. interdim

interdim

Fair enough but it's a tough to find that gray area where those customers exist. I hope you find that niche or clusters of individuals seeking such services.

#12     Jan 7, 2021
  3. traderjo

traderjo

I am assuming you are risking your own money ( small amount may be) by trading the strategy you are trying to sell to anybody and everybody.. IF the answer is YEs that is good and honest
    If the answer is NO then it is just snake oil sales... dime a dozen! + the legal issues .. (IN US it seems though if you badge this as "Trading education" you don't need to be licenced etc )

So why not use copy trade facilities such as C2 or Zulu? ( there might be others) and in that see if you can link your "Real money account" rather than paper trading/demo
    That way you achieve the following
    - keep making the 2 digit return you mentioned on your capital
    - Get potential fees by followers
    - Build a track record and reputation
    - Legal issues go away I think C2 s a CTA and you are covered!
    I hope you consider this option

#13     Jan 7, 2021
  4. 931

Last time i checked C2 fees are 30%+.

#14     Jan 10, 2021