Monday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bond_trad3r, Jul 30, 2011.

1. i'll wait for the open to make my guess

#21     Jul 31, 2011
  2. S2007S

S2007S

An hour and half before the debt ceiling is raised by $2 Trillion+

Asian markets will open higher followed by the US markets tonight when the futures markets open!

Going to be one heck of an opening tomorrow! 3%+ RALLY in all indexes!!!!

#22     Jul 31, 2011
  3. Even if the debt ceiling is raised, it doesn't solve the debt problem. If we do see a bounce tomorrow, it is probably a good area to short european indices (EWI, EWP) as the "fear" focus switches back to europe again.

#23     Jul 31, 2011
  4. S2007S

S2007S

I totally agree it doesnt solve anything that is why I continue to have a bearish outlook on this entire economy, I have been saying for months that the debt ceiling should not be raising and that spending cuts should be pushed through immediately.

#24     Jul 31, 2011
  5. Agreed.

#25     Jul 31, 2011
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Jim Abrams, Associated Press, On Sunday July 31, 2011, 10:16 am EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said Sunday that negotiators were "very close" to sealing a deal that would cut spending by some $3 trillion while averting the first federal default in the nation's history.

McConnell, appearing on CNN's "State of the Union," said he hoped to soon be able to present to his fellow Republicans an agreement "that they'll consider supporting." That agreement would include raising the debt ceiling through next year's elections in two stages and creating a joint committee of members of Congress that would look at tax and entitlement reform.

Democrats were more cautious in saying that the end of weeks of bitter debate was almost over. Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., a member of the Democratic leadership, told CNN that while "there is no final agreement," there was a sense of relief that the two sides were finally working on a compromise plan.

#26     Jul 31, 2011
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Moody's just came out and said the proposed deal won't result in a downgrade.

#27     Jul 31, 2011
  8. Nasdaq futures are +31. At market open tomorrow, it'll be to short or not to short.

#28     Jul 31, 2011
  9. FML

#29     Jul 31, 2011
  10. I doubt very much that it will be a particularly interesting market day. Expectations have been all along that a "deal" would be reached before anything serious happened.

Trade it like any other day...

#30     Jul 31, 2011