Monday Will Start Off With Futures Down Big!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Aug 5, 2007.

1. ktm

ktm

With the VIX at 25, I'd say we're probably close.

#21     Aug 5, 2007
  2. sign another thread disolves into a flamewar

#22     Aug 5, 2007
  3. until aapl with p/e of 38, rimm with a p/e of 58, ma has come down from 160 to 25, but still look at amzn 106 p/e, bidu with 120 p/e, crox with 42 p/e, nmx with p/e of 62, etc..... we have much more liquidity driven fluff that needs to be exercised from this market based upon fundamental valuations alone, setting aside less than spectacular economic forecasts regarding tightening credit markets, higher inflation, slower growth, and the housing/manufacturing industries being a major drag on the economy.

#23     Aug 5, 2007
  4. MA with a pe 26 is a gift and rimm,apple, bidu will continue to go higher. If you're short any of those stocks you're gonna lose a lot of money.

#24     Aug 5, 2007

5. I was short every one of those stock sometime last week and I made money on every one. So how do u figure I'll lose money.

PS: I'm still short on AAPL.

#25     Aug 5, 2007
  6. Mvic

Mvic

Yes major fear and panic when we are back to where we were a month ago with many high fliers back to where they were just a few days ago. God forbid that we should retrace back to where we were two months ago, that really would be armageddon. History repeats because experience can not be taught through books. Anyone who went through '87 know what bad is, so far we haven't seem anything close to that (with the exception of Crammer's theatrical meltdown which was more comedic than anything else).

Anyone talking vaue here is blind to the fact that fundamentals don't matter in this environment. The PE's are based on rosy future and it is clear that that rosy future is a pollyanna's dream at this point. To talk about value you have to be realistic about the economy going forward and what the earnings are going to look like in that economic landscape.

Equities are being sold to cover non equity positions in the portfolios. People are selling what they can not what they want to.

#26     Aug 5, 2007
  7. Um yea if you shorted those stocks near the top you have plenty of room but if you're shorting these now that isn't the case.

#27     Aug 5, 2007
  8. this might mean nothing or everything as far as US equities inflows - outflows go over night
    but the YEN is strong so far in Asia in early trade

the euro and suisse are higher too against the USD

but the carry trade pairs seem to be getting hit

#28     Aug 5, 2007
  9. that`s what everybody said about GS that thing wouldn`t selloff, but when it broke, it broke..........all those momentum stocks are great until one big holder takes his profits, and then they break, they always do...........goog went from 515 to 460 about 6 months ago........aapl sold off last year about this time, rimm was less than 80 a year ago..............amzn...........give me a break...................they did this same thing the last tech bubble.....................oil will do its yearly fall selloff, all these stocks are priced for perfection, and they haven`t begun to selloff, all it takes is one major seller taking some off the table, and boom, these things drop like SHLD did, they look good right before they drop off a cliff like SHLD/MA................and then everybody will say it was a no-brainer to short aapl at 150 a share, you have to be in ahead of the breakdown to really make the big money when they break, and forward puts are a nice way to strategically take advantage of the time whe aapl slips up for any number of potential pitfalls which lay ahead in the future, i.e., better competitor products, recession, production problems, options problems, jobs dies, etc.

#29     Aug 5, 2007
  10. US stock index futures indications ( unless spoofing here )

look to be slightly lower approaching their open in 10 minutes

#30     Aug 5, 2007