Monday trading Times for indexes

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Walther, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Right on money, both times ,3 days ahead , no big deal.
    At least for me, I can do it for any stock, index or futures as long as it moves .
    Walter

#31     Nov 10, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

No wonder the Germans lost the war :cool:

Twice :D

#32     Nov 10, 2003
  3. Walther,

Did you go Long or Short at/near 0945am est ???

If so...what price ???

NihabaAshi

#33     Nov 10, 2003
  4. Walther sux

#34     Nov 10, 2003
  5. Was it close enough for you, could you figure out direction of a trade ? Not you dbfonics, you are hopeless.

#35     Nov 10, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, Walter, as I watch The Dirty Dozen :D

#36     Nov 10, 2003
  7. If there is a very miniscule amount of a gray matter left in your pumpkin, you were in utter disbelief when you checked my calls. That is my reward,

#37     Nov 10, 2003
  8. Of course not, TT of 9:45 is just a setup.I was waiting for a trigger=completion of a divergence on stoch+cci . Sold bunch of spyders at 9:59 at 105.75.

#38     Nov 10, 2003
  9. TriPack and Walther

I was in a good discussion earlier about key intraday time cycles...if there tradable or not.

Speaking for myself...I mainly trade the first hour so I was only concerned with Walther's 0945am est time and Tripack's 1001am est time.

Here are two charts to reflect the intraday based on the 1min and 3min chart interval.

Walther's 0945am est Watch

TriPack 1001am est Watch

Note: I do know a few traders that are Short since 10am est (at/near TriPack 10am est time to Watch) based on their own trade methodology. The charts above only reflect key Short signals or key s/r levels because of the traders I know that were Short or had a Short bias via daily chart analysis.

Also, with no key pre-market news and no key economic report releases today to stir up some strong trends...

what happen between 0945am - 10am est was normal in my opinion (choppiness or tight range).

Are these times tradable???

The above charts should answer that.

Had I used Walther's key time with my trade methodology...I either would have taken a loss or exited at breakeven based on the key pivot point analysis in the above chart (I did get a weak Long signal but ignored it because of no confirmation from market breadth).

However, I would have had difficulty in making back my money pior to 10am est because of market conditions until TriPack's key time that correlated well with my trade methodology that produced a big time Short signal.

Simply...TriPack's time was more accurate than Walther's time to watch of 0945am est. In fact, I would not have made money via Walther's time and would have via TriPack's time to watch of 1001am est.

In boxing terms...Tripack is now ready to dethrone Roy Jones Jr....

http://www.boxingtalk.net/pages/gallegos13.htm

Walther's gets a shot at Antonio Tarver in a box-off to see who gets the winner of TriPack vs. Roy Jones Jr.

Yep...I know what your all saying...one day of success doesn't make you a champ...

However, in boxing terms...go tell that to Buster Douglass that whipped Tyson in Japan.

P.S. I'm a huge fan of Roy Jones Jr.

However, I'm ready to jump on the TriPack bandwagon :cool:

NihabaAshi

#39     Nov 10, 2003
  10. Obviously you haven't been keeping up with Walthers threads NihabaAshi, but the secret to his system is not to actually take a trade at the time given, but to look at the chart 2 hours later and then post a trade 'in retrospect'. What I find amazing about this system is that it is 'only' 80% accurate. From all my studies, trading 'in retrospect' provides closer to 100% accuracy, with the only losing trades being execution errors.

#40     Nov 10, 2003