Monday pls come faster (a scalpers wish)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EsKiller, May 11, 2019.

1. No not kidding. That’s why I said, “believe it or not...”. That’s how far ET has dropped. Even this thread lol. OP was basically asking, “hey! Where are the good threads!? Are there any actual traders here?” It’s turned into a typical ET pissing match, demanding proof, insulting others, calling each other frauds, etc.

It’s the same old story here.

I noticed Handle123 like a post in this thread. I remember him from years ago. If I remember correctly, his health was an issue. (I could be confusing him) I’m glad to see he’s still kicking. I have charts and comments saved from him.
    The ES Journal threads were always decent here...

But for the record, yes, forex factory also has a lot of garbage. It wasn’t a sales pitch or recruitment tool. I just happened to see OP’s post and felt like chiming in. I’ve been able to find a couple threads where people post charts with actual entries and exits, analyze trades, and stick to trading. Then I assume, like myself, they go on living their lives. This means they don’t have 3000+ posts on an Internet forum.

These aren’t the indicator threads, the EA threads, or the guru threads that dominate most of that board.

They’re a few hidden gems where people hide out.

As somebody else said, this isn’t the place for me. I will move along. And they can stay here adding to their post count, right where they belong.

#31     May 12, 2019
  2. tm689

tm689

Scalping used to be a way to make money for the pit traders since they had access to customer orders ("paper") which would give them the ability to buy at the bid and sell at the offer, and the speed advantage to trade against retail orders. Since the futures have gone electronic that advantage is gone. As I read a long time ago in one of those Market Wizards books - In trading you need an edge. If you don't know what that edge is you probably don't have an edge.
    I haven't come across many retail traders making money in the stock index futures market. Maybe you do, but I suspect your p&l reveals the truth about how profitable emini traders really are. The statistics make the probability of you consistently making significant amounts of money in such an efficient market somewhat low.

#32     May 12, 2019
    Stockolio likes this.
  3. He's a gambler... Why bother with him ? Can't save em all, some people have expensive hobbies, it is what it is

#33     May 12, 2019
  4. Handle123

Handle123

It not like I woke up one morning wanting to do the hardest area of trading. I was a stock trader who got bored and added to become a long term commodity who got bored and added but who couldn't day trade. I can't stand losing, has nothing to do with egos, I don't like having to make what was lost to others back. I am very selfish when it comes to trading. I found repeating occurrences based on studying ticks, there is a flow of people's emotions, people get excited, they get in too early, they might be too greedy and get in to early, they are scared and get in too late, they need obvious confirmation and they get in too late. This was what I saw in 90's and not changed to day. I tested my theories and saw I could make so many ticks based on patterns, time, volume, range size, reductions of what is obvious, then expanded to where are entries/stops placed in books newer traders are reading. The trick is Time, each pattern showed me at what point will pattern lose, which that got expanded to stock trading.

If scalping manually, insane way to make profits, very hard on the body sitting there in tunnel vision, you really lose life. Longer/swing term much better and selling options for more than scalping. I have finally added day trading cause the degree of lose has to be minimal for me, but this is much more of luck and many plus one tick outcomes with some losses. No free lunches in life.

Yes, still kicking, 11 years of health challenges/11 surgeries and counting. Latest is half my feet and ankles to knees becoming numb(not diabetic), have urinary infection and having to wait to see if prostate cancer has come back as my PSA doubled in 3 months, have lost 220lbs on my own. Most of my woes I believe is years of scalping, no matter how much I exercised still have bad body. Lost all my teeth due to Klinefelter's syndrome, waiting for gums to heal to have implants. I figure I can't seem to die like most people, I might as well have a nice smile. Death would be much easier, but then I wouldn't be around to rob those who are unskilled.

Hey, don't go, enjoy your posts. Let's talk Volume !!!

#34     May 12, 2019
    cruisecontrol and CALLumbus like this.
  5. themickey

themickey

:D

#35     May 12, 2019
  6. themickey

themickey

Broomstick, if you are on ET expressely to find trading tips, my guess is you are a losing trader.
    There are numerous profitable traders here, all the chit chat small talk you see is bored traders just chilling out having some fun largely.

#36     May 12, 2019
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Go Full time, where screwing it up = DOOM then the Monday trading ohhhhh feck here we go again and tightens the spincture some what!!

#37     May 12, 2019
  8. gaussian

gaussian

This is the only reason I am here lol. Some interesting banter between traders.

#38     May 12, 2019
    ironchef and themickey like this.
  9. Handle123

Handle123

Gaps means one thing to me, expand the risk/targets. Buy downclose bars and sell upclose bars and even then stops have to expand. Breakouts are for scared unskilled/non back testing wannabee scalpers. Scalping for ticks makes no sense to me if you doing one lot and doing breakouts, you given up too much small profits. Trading has materialized into speed of play going for ticks. Need to watch volume as this teaches how to read the patterns that form, looking for small breaks of pivots will notify reversals. Those who think up trends are same with down trends and you can use same signals....they are not the same, emotionally price going up is "hope" and price going down is "despair" for many traders, so different signals are used. If lows and highs not making huge volume, it be turning soon. Tada, back to my nap.

#39     May 12, 2019
    birdman likes this.
  10. LOL !!!!!!

Gosh....... let me state it again. In 12 years trading and around internet trading forums, I NEVER learned ANYTHING to improve my trading.

But oh boy I surely got some entertainment !!!!!

Just read the post above. I'm having troubles typing because I can't stop laughing !!

99.9% of posters around the net have no clue about trading, but some of them are so entertaining that I can't help myself but to come back to those stupid forums just to find " gems" like this one quoted above !!

Handle123. I think you are messing with us here but just in case you are not.

My trading rig has a height adjustable table so I can trade sitting, standing, or anywhere in between. This table is on wheels. I very often roll the table out and put my treadmill in front of my monitors for a trading/exercising combo. I used to put my big soft recliner in front of it for trading almost laying down. I don't use this last setup often because I have to confess that I slept in front of the screens with positions open a few times.

Forex is a 24 hour 5 days a week business so I need this kind of setup. Equities you can get away with a 2 or 3 hours trading day so I see no point on having something like that.

Again I think your post is for entertainment only and you don't actually have to deal with all those problems. But in case you do I would suggest my setup.

#40     May 13, 2019