Monday pls come faster (a scalpers wish)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EsKiller, May 11, 2019.

1. EsKiller

EsKiller

Ok scenario and quiz question:

You are trading NQ, and market opens. You are trading a fast time based bar. Previous structure right before open was somewhat range bound. Opening bar is an outside bar, and 2nd bar gives follow through and closes to new highs / lows

What’s the most important thing to look at here that, if lined up correctly, will a) keep you in the right side of the market and b) give you the best probability for success on next trade

#11     May 11, 2019
  2. themickey

themickey

Spending ALL DAY picking up scraps.

#12     May 11, 2019
  3. themickey

themickey

gettyimages-653914922-2048x2048.jpg

#13     May 11, 2019
  4. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

Now imagine having an army of those guys that pick up a couple of million scraps a day....and you have Virtu et al.

Don't discount the scraps. Every good trader I know started out as a scalper.

OP probably just had a single winning day out of 20 losing days and wanted to flaunt his big balls a little. Allow it...he probably will go back down to his moms basement, hide behind his 2nd hand laptop to trade the ES on this ToS account on Monday

#14     May 11, 2019
    birdman likes this.
  5. qlai

qlai

Example(not necessarily from ET)?

#15     May 11, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  6. themickey

themickey

Nice trick question :)

#16     May 11, 2019
  7. gaussian

gaussian

I think scalping is a fine strategy (however, the risk/rewards isn't great probability-wise). OP's attitude about everyone who doubts them is absolute shit, however, which is the bone I have to pick.

#17     May 12, 2019

8. I haven’t logged in here for years, but I was able to remember my password. I was bored tonight so I decided to drop by. The very first post I saw was somebody complaining that Trump caused the market to gap down again. The poster mentioned “This guy doesn’t know when to shut up” or something like that lol. I realized this place hasn’t changed at all...

I used to check this board every now and then, but it slowly turned into garbage. There was a time where lots of good information was shared. Maybe there still is. But I haven’t seen those threads. The successful traders seem to be few and far between.

Believe it or not there are a few excellent scalping threads over on forex factory. Charts posted daily, explanations behind trades, and minimal negative bs. I’ll shoot you a PM.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    #18     May 12, 2019
    CALLumbus likes this.
  9. gaussian

gaussian

Ah yes, taking advice from people who take part in the de facto standard of modern bucket shops. Exactly the kind of people I'd take scalping advice from.

#19     May 12, 2019
  10. themickey

themickey

Yep, move on along, this place is not for you, life is very serious, ET is on the pathway to Hell, any laughter should be forbidden.

#20     May 12, 2019
    qlai, gaussian and Handle123 like this.