Momentum Trading Strategy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Wippi1817, May 15, 2018.

1. Simples

Simples

Nice argument. However, anything can be made to work, when put together correctly. Nobody gets to say, nobody can get this to work, as you are not everyone else.

It's more accurate and honest to say: I can't get this to work. Never worked for me. I don't want it to work anymore even.

Or, keep on with the dick-swinging contest, that's entertaining too ;)

I didn't say wether it works well though! :p

#21     May 16, 2018
  2. Arnie

Arnie

LOL, why not just look at the price?

When I first started trading I had an old guy for a mentor. He used MACD, but only as an aid, he never waited for a cross. He looked at the price. He was always setting alerts based on price. One day I asked him why he used MACD and he proceeded to put a bunch of indicators up...they all looked the same.

EDIT: The old guy wasn't Scat :)

#22     May 16, 2018
  3. thx for you feedback - but I try still to learn - so can you help me out with the indicators? what i got is that volume and ma would not be the right once - any ideas which i should try?

#23     May 16, 2018
  4. OK, here is your momentum stock ... TSLA

Live calls PLEASE (day trade, swing trade, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months...)

Let's go.

#24     May 16, 2018
  5. [​IMG]

#25     May 16, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  6. so are you done with your fight?

#26     May 16, 2018
  7. userque

userque

I do not support nor refute the information contained at this link:

126 Comparably Measured
    Technical Market Indicators
    Ranked by Annual Relative Advantage

http://www.robertwcolby.com/RelativeAdvantage.html

Keep up posted!

#27     May 16, 2018
  8. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Best to use only one moving average at start. Just watch price as it moves over the line. The reason price moves above or below the moving average is momentum. Increased momentum equates to higher price. The apposite occurs with decreased momentum. Just remember the smaller the moving average the higher the noise, meaning you want a moving average that will repel price once on it or over it. Try this for a month tell me what you see.

#28     May 16, 2018
  9. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

So wait a minute here. moving average crossovers dont work but the MACD zero line cross does?
    think about that......
    What is the zero crossover? rhetorical, who cares.

#29     May 16, 2018