Momentum Trading Strategy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Wippi1817, May 15, 2018.

1. qxr1011

qxr1011

rules are probably - crap, but one has to start somewhere

test them on paper

#11     May 16, 2018

2. A while back I thought I had a slick moving average crossover pair, 15 x 30, man was it looking good no matter the instrument. Then all of a sudden one day and by sheer accident I took a look at the cross and glanced at Macd which always sits in my lower panel, a permanent fixture. I lafffffffed my ass off. These realistic low#PRICE moving average crossovers cannot compete with the Macd 0-line cross and dig this, getting rid of all of them gives you a nice clean price chart.

Wall Street's 50 x 200? I can fly to Europe and back waiting for this slowpoke to cross - right-click\send to \Recycle Bin. Warren Buffet uses either this one or the 233 x 987 when he holds his stocks for 3 lifetimes. At least he believes in the Fibonacci Sequence :)

#12     May 16, 2018
  3. Geez. I saw one of your posts and thought, "this guy knows something".

Unfortunately, your concerns with "MACD cross" puts all of that in question. Makes me wonder whether or not you know anything at all. No offense intended.

#13     May 16, 2018

4. Try again, this time with the Macd 0-line cross, not the regular Macd signal line cross.

#14     May 16, 2018
  5. Oh... let me sum it up for you...

MACD is a STUPID TECHNICAL TOOL and a 2nd derivative of price. If you didn't your "your signal" prior to that, your trading method is BUPKIS!!

#15     May 16, 2018

6. Try this: pick your instrument, your choice, then go live call for couple weeks against me. Right here or new thread. With 17k posts you've got a Phd., have an apartment at ET, you must be good. OK?

#16     May 16, 2018
  7. "Couple of weeks"? I've got >20 years of history.

Got news for you, 27-yr old child... I'm relatively famous. If you refute anything I claim with conviction, you're "poking the bear". I've made $Millions (have YOU "made $$Millions?)... had my results published in Investors Business Daily and Barrons. You have a claim to fame? Let's hear it.

Not claiming "I'm always right", but anyone with common sense would at least consider my views.

(And you're the same guy who admitted to voting for Obama, then asked me if I am racist? Treading upon thin ground, don't you think?)

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    #17     May 16, 2018

8. Chicken! Go up against me LIVE. Your 17k posts invalidate automatically any claim to fame in the real world, dummy, don't you know that?

Nothing like healthy real-time proof.

Call your instrument now, pick something we have the real-time data for.

#18     May 16, 2018
  9. ON IGNORE!! (Should have put you on ignore last time when you questioned whether or not I was a racist. My bad.)

#19     May 16, 2018

10. Sissy! Just as I thought! :D

#20     May 16, 2018