Moment of Silence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Sep 11, 2002.

1. gordo

gordo

chas:

Have to say amen to your reply. Been around Veterans that were on the frontlines earning our freedoms my whole life, and our right when you say that there are alot of people (typically the younger ones) that do not know the price of freedom. My comment is not meant so much as an attack on them, just a wake up. A tremendous price has been paid to allow us our freedoms. Just a side note, to give some perspective on the cost to our country, I heard somewhere (on the history channel?), that the number of casualties that were expected when they were planning for the invasion of Japan in WWII was so great that the Purple Hearts are still in government storage. All subsequent Purple Hearts that have been issued since the end of WWII have been issued from those ordered for that invasion.

It's not free - we must earn it.

#51     Sep 11, 2002
  2. Do not underestimate the posters on this thread. There are many here who will serve when duty calls.

#52     Sep 11, 2002
  3. Duty calls a true patriot each and every day. Speaking out on a message board is hardly the measure of a patriot.

Kind of like people who go to church on Sunday, and sin the rest of the week, claiming to be "saved."

#53     Sep 11, 2002
  4. Minime

Minime

You would too if they killed you and all your extended family for not smiling at the right time. Edit: misread your post the first time. But I'm sure this is partially why they kiss his rear.

#54     Sep 11, 2002
  5. sound's like some who have posted on this very thread.

#55     Sep 11, 2002
  6. --George F. Will

#56     Sep 11, 2002
  7. Totally agree with you Optional. Do not agree with you though on your implication that the posters here are all armchair patriots. Perhaps some are, but some definitely aren't.

#57     Sep 11, 2002
  8. Any generalization is just that, there are almost always exceptions to a generalization. Those who know internally that they are truly patriotic, they don't need my approval, nor are they concerned about my criticisms.

#58     Sep 11, 2002
  9. not to put you down, but people like to take a coincidence and believe there's more to it than there really is. i saw a news reporter speak from ground zero today and she said the same thing you did. she said the wind was the souls of those who died on 9/11. well, all i gotta say is, i live in massachusetts and it is windy as hell here today. there has been a big sunflower plant in my backyard all summer, but today, the wind snapped it in half. it would be nice to think it were souls, but maybe it's just a windy day.

i said in another post that bill o'reilly (fox news) said it must be divine intervention when NY was looking to win the world series after 9/11. however, we would later find out that they lost. o'reilly didn't mention this specific divine intervention again. he was so sure there was more to it than coincidence before they lost though!

#59     Sep 11, 2002
    #60     Sep 11, 2002