Moment of Silence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Sep 11, 2002.

1. brad1970

brad1970

In the Gaza Strip, about 2,000 Palestinians demonstrated in support of Iraq, while leaders of the local branch of Saddam's Baath party passed out $10,000 checks to the families of 36 Palestinians killed by Israeli soldiers in the past three months.

Israel keeps killing palestinians, Saddam keeps paying the families.

Less palestinians and Saddam goes broke...

#31     Sep 11, 2002
  2. Do you remember how many reporters on TV called the terrorists "gentlemen"? Gentlemen! A gentleman holds a door open for a lady; he doesn't slam a 757 into a building.

This country needs to reassess itself and fast. Enough with the cuddly lovey dovey, I'll-weep-if-you-hurt-me attitude. Get tough with these bastards or we'll really be in deep shit. They hate us and want us dead. I want them dead FIRST.

#32     Sep 11, 2002
  3. tech, I can't believe how the media took potshots at the President today even as they 'covered' the memorials. What tactless bozos. There is no low they won't stoop to.

#33     Sep 11, 2002
  4. powell

powell

What i mean by peace, is something you cannot comprehend. When Martin Lurther talked about peace, people did not understand. When Ghandi talked about a peaceful solution and not a violent solution, people did not understand. Peace does not mean pacivity. Peace means using your mind and intellect to come to a resolve.

This is exactly what Martin Luther was told, if you dont like get back to Africa. He stood up what he believed in and he did it through a PEACFUL means. And what he did not only benefited the African American People but also AMERICA at large. And now he is looked upon a hero, if he did not stand up to the ridicule and criticsm about living in the USA, then there would be no freedom at all today.

If Martin Lurther and Ghandi did what you propose then you are saying that they are 'castrated by ignorance'.

Beautifully put.

Peace through wisdom.

#34     Sep 11, 2002
  5. I'm surprised Her Majesty, one Hillary Clinton, hasn't chimed in yet.

#35     Sep 11, 2002
  6. I was 3 blocks away and watched the second plane crash into the south WTC building from the end of Wall st. Close enough to be scared that I would get hit with shrapnel from the explosion. Two buildings that many of my friends worked in. Innocent people going to work just like they did everyday. Some of my friends (not acquaintances, friends) never walked out. I will never forget my experiences that day or my friends or anyone who died.

It's easy to preach peace when you didn't lose anyone you knew. It's more difficult when your friends die for no reason. We should not rest as a nation until this evil is purged from the world.

#36     Sep 11, 2002
  7. that ought to be the last word on this thread.

#37     Sep 11, 2002
  8. I agree, and we should start by purging all evil from our own hearts and minds first before we begin sending Iraq back to the stone age.

#38     Sep 11, 2002
  9. you should investigate the concept of 'just war.'

#39     Sep 11, 2002
  10. regough

regough

I am afraid they are already there. . . . (courtesy of their esteemed leader, Saddam

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

#40     Sep 11, 2002