Molon Labe- where's my $10,000 ??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vinny Gigante, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sure, this is a wager I'm still happy to accept, even for 5 or 10 times the amount suggested by vinny.

The issue is, that although vinny might be the richest kid in his special education class, he is not willing/able to actually bet $10,000. He is the garden variety message board troll, and is best ignored.

If any (non-mentally challenged) individual desires to take this bet against me, I'm still more than happy to accept. Metooxx is more than qualified to act as escrow, if he's willing to do it...

#11     Jan 16, 2003
  2. Babak

Babak

I think you must be the recipient of a lobotomy to repeatedly evade an offer (ML even accepted shortboy.com as escrow!) and then to come and post this rediculous thread claiming that you were shortchanged of a bet on a war that has yet to occur.

This thread should be filed under 'delete'.

#12     Jan 16, 2003
  3. Tea

Tea

Since this thread doesn't even pretend to have anything to do with trading, shouldn't it be in chit chat?

#13     Jan 16, 2003
  4. daytr8r

daytr8r

or under comedy

#14     Jan 16, 2003
  5. I actually went and read the whole thread because I didn't know what he was talking about.

I can't figure out why he thinks he won ...

#15     Jan 16, 2003
  6. Why not ...

#16     Jan 16, 2003
  7. TGregg

TGregg

I think that what happened is Vinnie got called in a bluff. Molon seemed to have the whole thing ready to roll, all Vinnie had to do was cough up his 10k for the bet. But he wouldn't.

And now here he is, claiming the war has started (news to the rest of us, I'm sure) and also claiming that Molon owes him 10k for a bet that was never finalized. Recently, a certain member who seemed to be "All Hat - No Cattle" claimed he was leaving, I wonder if Vinnie is another one of his identities. . .

Not that I agree with Molon, I'm pretty sure we'll see war this spring or this summer. But I'm certainly not going to risk 10 grand in some strange BBS bet :D. I don't know betting, but I do know a little about the markets. And that's where I make my money.

#17     Jan 16, 2003
  8. Now I am just being a wiseguy here, but what is more than qualified... really qualified? Really really qualified? Like saying I'd be more than happy... does that mean jubilant, ecstatic? Or "you are more than welcome"... what is more than welcome? I cannot even come up with one for that.

Okay, just want to ask... if anyone has any insight I'd be more than willing to read it.

:D

#18     Jan 16, 2003
  9. The war must begin in the 5 month window between November and March. Otherwise it is simply too hot to wear all the necessary chemical warfare protective gear.

The average high in Baghdad is already 96 degrees in May, climbing up to 110 degrees in July. The weather then stays hellish all the way until November when it finally cools down to 74 degrees. Note that Baghdad weather is nice and cool compared to the southern deserts the troops must cross to get there. Kuwait city averages 100 in May, 112 in July.

We are not prepared to launch this war during the current cool period, as we've suffered some major short-term setbacks,
    most important of which is the recently elected Islamist regime in Turkey backing out of their alliance with us. Seems they're now more interested in fighting against our Kurdish allies in northern Iraq, than fighting Saddam.
    November will be the first possible optimal opportunity for this war to begin- <b>no sooner</b>.

#19     Jan 16, 2003
  10. better than less than qualified ...

#20     Jan 16, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.