mods shunting threads to chit chat

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by zdreg, Oct 26, 2009.

1. dreg, perhaps if you did a bit more research and actually posted some information to substantiate your hypothesis instead of just cut-and-paste, then the thread would have remained in the economics section, instead of the chit chat forum.

It was I who moved it, incidentally (though I did not close it). I viewed it as subjective, with nothing other than a random article on homeless children which could be attributed to any country and showed no statistical relevance that it was worse now than any other recession in history. But you took all of that to mean "Banana republic" which is the same chant you've been calling on since I got to this site in 2003.

In short, more detailed analysis will keep it in the economics forum.

Have a happy day.

#11     Oct 29, 2009
  2. zdreg

zdreg

#12     Oct 29, 2009
  3. zdreg

zdreg

I have never claimed that any single example proves a hypothesis. It is called connecting the dots. It is a well known game among children. among adults it is called information gathering and then reaching a conclusion. most people prefer to live in their own cocoon and use considerable energy to avoid dealing with reality. It is especially true when reality collides with people's most strongly held belief.. hence the reaction of previously mentioned mods.

#13     Oct 30, 2009