Mods, please stop deleting threads.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by peilthetraveler, Apr 21, 2010.

1. I have noticed lately threads are getting deleted in the Politics & religion thread. I would respectfully like to ask you to stop deleting these. There is a warning before you even go into the politics and religion forum that says Not for the faint of heart. If you are easily offended, stay away from this forum! If people do not like what is being said, they are free to leave that forum.

There are many things that I dont like seeing in that forum that I would personally like to see deleted, but I respect peoples freedom to say what they wish. Even personal attack on myself, as much as I dont like it, I would not ask them to be deleted because one of the things that makes elitetrader so great is the freedom to say what you want, even if it annoys someone else. Obviously spammers need to be deleted, but any other topic should not be off limits, no matter how crazy.

Thank you for your consideration,

Peilthetraveler

2. People are NOT free to say whatever they wish on a privately owned website. Your entire premise is false.

3. morganist

morganist Guest

We have only delete two thread. One talked about an assassination/ The other had extreme expletives.

4. Visitors

Visitors

LLLOOLLLLL :D :D :D :D

why did I get a laugh out of your post

it's like

Come to ET, where we talk about assassinations and racial religious extremes :D :p

ET

Extreme Targeting

5. I did not delete the thread, nor do I know who did or why.

6. Joe

Joe

Thanks, I'll keep a look out. Shoot me the names of the threads if you can remember them.

support@elitetrader.com

7. Visitors is cold/c-kid...

8. Magna

Magna Administrator

I removed peilthetravler's offensive thread/poll regarding which of two listed top political pundits/celebrities would get killed first (although he cleverly used the mobster term "whacked" in his thread title). Maybe the OP missed my post in Feedback from a couple days ago so I'll repeat a portion of it here:

Sorry, if I come to your house or your business I don't have the freedom to say anything I want to you, your wife, your children, your parents, your friends, or your employees. Why? Because it's your home/business and you get to set the ground rules of civility. ET is a privately owned company and just like your home/business we set the ground rules of proper conduct and speech here. So, no, you don't get to say whatever you want, and among other inappropriate topics that includes assassination, which top public figures will be "whacked", etc. A minimum of judgment when starting a thread or making a post is required. That still leaves you full freedom of expression for vigorous debate regarding the hot political issues of the day, so hopefully you won't feel stifled too much. But enough of these incendiary discussions about killing people!

Peilthetraveler, if you choose to continue posting here please keep in mind this portion of the member Conduct Rules: "Elite Trader and its agents have the right at their sole discretion to remove any content that, in Elite Trader's judgment, does not comply with the Member Conduct Rules or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate."