Modification/Cancellation fees are illegal

Discussion in 'Options' started by qdz3, Mar 29, 2003.

1. qdz3

qdz3

haha, thank you for pointing it out. assassination. There are two arrrrrssses in it.

:p

#21     Mar 31, 2003
  2. My thoughts exactly :D

#22     Mar 31, 2003
  3. corvus

corvus

You know, on Ebay...you can't withdraw your bid at all!

#23     Mar 31, 2003
  4. True, but it is not exactly a double-sided market either.

#24     Mar 31, 2003
  5. ever think about actually trading
    as opposed to crying wolf all day

I cant imagine anyone WILLING to do your business

#25     Mar 31, 2003
  6. so brother corvus.. you think changing an order form 9 to 8.90 justifies charging a fee. If so why did they never do this in the past 18-20 years. Why?

People gotta be able to recognize ethical breaches and greed when they see it. The off-floor traders are their bread and butter. Without them including hedge funds and the like... there are no options exchanges. This is pure, unadulterated greed and (imho) a serious breach of ethics. Further I'd like to know if they even solicited opinions from the public traders or held hearings?

I called the CBOE today and talked to someone I know there. He had trouble even answering my questions about this nonsense. Had to check further; "calling me back" ! Give me a break. What is this a "Kangaroo" court/exchange where no there are no rules, no procedures or laws. Where is the SEC in all of this? :)

best regards,

I

#26     Mar 31, 2003
  7. qdz3

qdz3

Thank you very much. Send your mail/email copy or call them. Let them know what is happening!!! Don't let this be the second PDT rule. Don't let them walk away from this or you will regret to see it applies to stocks and futures fairly soon.

#27     Mar 31, 2003
  8. corvus

corvus

Nah, I'm not saying it's a good idea....it can't help their business. Especially since the credits do not last over a day...so if I cancel an order this morning because I tried to split the huge bid/ask and it moved away from me, I'll pay some $ even though I didn't get filled? (unless it was a DAY order and I just wait all day for it to expire...hah) Sucks.

I was just pointing out that the cost and method of doing business is different for every forum. I mean, in commercial real estate, it's common to have to put 7% down just to get an inside look at the place. You better not pull your offer there, eh?

#28     Mar 31, 2003
  9. qdz3

qdz3

Well, I cannot believe that people are reasoning about this rule or try to "improve" it. This is a holy crap illegal from bottom to top.

#29     Mar 31, 2003
    #30     Mar 31, 2003