Modern humans didn't all come "out of Africa"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, May 26, 2011.

1. Wow. You know that you've hit a nerve when someone makes a genocidal statement like that. LOL! The guy who says that if you disagree with him, you shouldn't be alive is casting aspersions about bigotry. LMAO! Now THAT is rich!

What does being a "discriminated minority" have to do with anything? I wasn't talking about discrimination or any such thing. I was talking about pride in one's culture and ethnicity. Are you suggesting that pride in one's identity should only be allowed for "discriminated minorities?" Whatever happened to your belief in "equality"? So much for that, right? LOL! What about "discriminated majorities"? Do they get to have cultural or ethnic pride? Because that's exactly what white people are.

I'm sorry that you hate yourself so much that you don't think you should have all the rights which other groups get, on the basis of race no less.... But I guess that's not "racist", right?

#11     May 26, 2011
  2. where is peilthetraveler? he will tell you that the evidence is all around us that humans came out of the garden of eden 6000 years ago. the christian god picked up a handfull of dirt and blew on it creating man. then he decided to make man a companion so he took a rib out of the man and created a woman with it.

#12     May 26, 2011
  3. I already know what the bible says. I want to know what the latest scientific evidence says, and this is it. Don't worry, I'm not a fan of China. :)

#13     May 26, 2011
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV6A8oGtPc4&feature=feedwll&list=WL

The Journey of Man is a documentary that talks about our evolution, our recent history, and how we came to be to the way we are today. It looks at the Y chromosome, that's passed down from male to male, and tracks the marker mutations to map our ancestors' journey. It's how we conquered the Earth in just the last 59,000 years.

#14     May 26, 2011
  5. That's actually a pretty old documentary based on what is now pretty outdated technology. Y-chromosome (nuclear DNA) studies were the first thing to be developed. We've come a long way since then. Autosomal DNA helps get a much more contemporary, and accurate understanding.

#15     May 26, 2011
  6. son: dad how did we get here
    dad: well we come from monkeys

so son ask mom son: mom how did we get here mom: god put us here

son: mom how can this be,dad said we are from monkeys and u said god put us here

mom: well son it dad told u his side of the family and I told u mine

#16     May 26, 2011
  7. stu

stu

Autosomal DNA provides a broad picture of an individual's ancestors, not the trail of specific ancestry.
    The vid is relevent.
    Genetic anthropology based on DNA indicates the one common female ancestor living in Africa is shared by all modern humans.

#17     May 26, 2011
  8. The "trail of specific ancestry"? yDNA gives you information about ONE single ancestor straight up the paternal line. You are clearly out of your realm here.

LOL! "genetic anthropology based on DNA"? :D

Actually the "out of Africa" theories have been shot out of the water by recent discoveries and the development of bioinformatics and genomics technology. There are fewer scientists clinging to that paradigm. Now many have adjusted their theories to groups of hominids coming out of Africa and evolving into the various racial groups we now observe separately.

#18     May 26, 2011
  9. olias

olias

who cares?

#19     May 26, 2011
  10. Quit discriminating against me you racist...!

White is beautiful!!!

You bet it is because I ain't African!

Out of Africa Theory gained popularity during the 90's after the Rodney King beating and the L.A. Riots. Before that the Multiple Region Hypothesis was more or less equally popular. The difference between the two is that the media picked the Out of Africa to be the winner.

#20     May 26, 2011