Moderators please ban Baron immediately.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Max E., Jul 16, 2011.

1. Wow, Baron bent over for Maxi! The feature was requested many times before and the request was always ignored. Now there is a fix within ~ 24 hours!

WHO IS Max E. Pad??????????????????

#11     Jul 17, 2011
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Thanks, Baron. Appreciate your efforts!

#12     Jul 17, 2011
  3. Max E.

Max E.

I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friend.
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fYdwe3ArFWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#13     Jul 18, 2011
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Just for the record, it's not that I'm ignoring requests, it's just that I don't want to change something instantly just because a couple of people don't like it. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that there will always be someone who doesn't like how a certain feature works.

So sometimes I sit back and see if the problem is only being complained about from a couple whiners or if that issue is legitimate because it's brought up repeatedly over time by a variety of members.

#14     Jul 18, 2011
  5. That pop up was irritating me too, but it was difficult to complain about only that.

I have seen and or used hundreds of forums over the years and ET makes every one of them seem of ancient design like they are stuck in the early 90's.

Has ET won any site design awards, if there is such a thing?

#15     Jul 18, 2011
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Nope. Usually awards are handed out to trendy sites who are caught up in the latest site design fads.

The only award I need or even want is the one I get from members who've shown their approval by coming back here on a regular basis for the last 14 years. :)

#16     Jul 18, 2011
  7. The Chief just called shorty a whiner :D

#17     Jul 22, 2011
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I thought just the opposite that ET was the forum behind the times in terms of bells & whistles you get while a member. In fact, other trader forums have the following while ET does not and these are new things I've noticed within the past 5 years:

* You can see whom has thanked a message post.

* You can see how many times someone has given thanks or been thanked.

* Social network links are in the message posts and they don't pop up when your mouse passes over them. Thus, if you want to use them...you need to click on them.

Social media sites saids its the best way to do such and more forum members will use it...bringing more popularity to the forum via exposing the forum more across many networks. Heck, I don't even think ET has a presence (profile) on twitter like many of its sponsors.

* You can see whom has been reading your profile.

* Your profile contains a list of your favorite or recommended threads, threads you've visited the most, list of your attachments.

* Hosting free webinars

* Blog area (ET journal area is old)

* Ability to post more than one attachment in a message post.

* List showing most recent charts, most recent polls and featured (highly recommended) threads, members thanked the most, members getting the most complaints.

* Some areas of the forum are private and cost a small fee and special approval via a review of your posting history at ET to gain access too. Once you get access, you can find things like whom are located near you, access to top threads that are well moderated, enhanced private message and attachment capabilities et cetera.

* Top notch international economic/market event calendar and market news

The one thing Elitetrader.com consistently has is that it has a very user friendly design, most popular sponsors, sponsor ads don't feel like its always in your face when navigating ET due to ET making the message post area BIGGER than the ads. In addition, ET uses less or none existent pop up ads whereas such is still a pain in the butt at other forums. Some forums think its cute to pop up a "log-in or Sign up" window when you go to their site...it's not.

Anyways, many of the stuff I mentioned that I like and have seen elsewhere at other forums...all that stuff has been mentioned MULTIPLE times to Baron or Joe here in the feedback section the past 10 years. There's still hope ET will catch up or able to adopt such without coughing up its simple design. Yet, the fact remains that ET can only do so much with the coding and software limitations of its web design. It'll also be a pain in the butt for Baron to move ET to a software that's able to do many of the above because I believe ET is on the old vB design.

Mark

#18     Jul 22, 2011
  9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Well, just as a pre-announcement these are new features which are coming down the pipe this quarter:

New features include:

1. The ability to follow users, not just threads or forums

2. Activity feeds for all the users you follow.

3. AJAX based alert notifications for new events such as private messages, follow acceptance, friend requests, etc.

4. Private messaging now encompasses the creation of private groups as well.

5. A "like" system for showing support for specific posts.

6. A feature called "What are you trading now?" which will enable you to post your trades and have them broadcasted to all your followers.

7. Multiple attachments on a single post are now supported. Thumbnails of all attachments will give users a preview of the attachment without actually having to open it.

8. An awards system that encourages members to continue posting quality content.

I could keep going.....

-B

P.S. These features will be implemented in a way that will not clutter up the current look and feel of this site.

#19     Jul 22, 2011
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Wow...sweet and thank you very much.

Mark

#20     Jul 22, 2011