Moderators please ban Baron immediately.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Max E., Jul 16, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Moderators please ban Baron immediately, Joe do you think there is anything you can do? I simply can not go on with this site knowing that Baron is present, his posts morbidly offend me.....

j/k, thought i would follow the banning theme, and get your attention, here is a couple of things i have noticed that would make life easier which i wanted to point out.

1. Can you please make it so that the pop up to "twitter/facebook/linkd in" which comes up if you drag your mouse over the bottom right of the screen is lower? When i try to click on "page 28" on the far right of the screen, that pop up constantly gets in my way, and i always end up jumping into those links when i dont intend to, and all i wanted to do is get into "page 28" of a thread. When i try to repeat the mistake it doesnt happen as easily, but it seems to happen to me lots, when im just readinga multi page thread, and the pop up under "share this thread", ends up coming up over the page number, can you make it so that it never goes over the page number when reading? This never used to happen to me.

2. When i post something to fast from the previous post, i get the message that says i am posting to soon, i understand the need for this to block spammers, however i was wondering if you could make it so that when i try to go back on my browser i dont lose what i was previously trying to post, as it stands when i go back to wait for the time to elapse, i lose the post in my response, and have to retype eveything.

Just wanted to point these 2 minor nuisances out, not a big deal, but it makes browsing this site easier.

2. Max E.

Max E.

Here is a screen shot example of what im talking about. If i dont scroll down low enough, the pop up goes upwards, and i go to click on a new page and end up going into linked in or facebook, etc.

This happens alot because i will pick a page on a thread i have been reading, and then read that page on the thread till the bottom to see if i have read it, but i wont scroll till there is enough room on the bottom for the pop up to pop down, instead of going up, then i will try to click on another page and hit the pop up, and i end up on facebook, dont know if anyone else notices this, but it happens to me alot.

[​IMG]

3. Max E.

Max E.

Here is an example of it popping down if i scrolled down far enough to give it room. Dont know if anyone else noticed this but i always end up clicking on facebook or something, and it is kind of annoying to me.

If you make money off of the clicks to facebook, or if you think me noticing this is petty, i understand you leaving it as is, its just something my ADD mind noticed, and was annoyed by over the last few days while going through some long older threads.

It always seems to happen when im scrolling down on a thread using the down arrows on the browser, then i accidentally drag it over the "share this thread" link when im reading the last post and i accidentally end up clicking on it, so even moving it to the left hand side of the screen would make it so you dont accidentally drag the mouse over it while scrolling a thread.
    [​IMG]

4. BSAM

BSAM

Maxie---Your two suggestions are very definitely legitimate. Very annoying. Glad you posted the suggestions. Hope these changes aren't too difficult to be considered for implementation.

5. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, im just hoping i dont get banned based on the thread title, though it is nice to see someone else notices this.... :D

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

What browser are you using?

That doesn't happen to me and I'm using the most recent Opera, Firefox and IE7. Thus, the social network share pop up only occurs if I scroll all the way down to the right for such and not anywhere else when I move my mouse.

Yet, I can make it do what you show if I don't scroll all the way down and stop near the numbers of threads as you show. Regardless, I can only make that social network popup occur if I move my mouse over the "Share this Thread" link.

Solution, don't move your mouse over the "share this thread" link if you don't want to see the popup...that solution works well for me. :cool:

Therefore, regardless to where Baron moves that "share this thread" link on the webpage...there's going to be someone that accidentally moves their mouse over it while trying to navigate to something else due to the fact the some folks are right handed, left handed, moves their mouse from top to bottom, bottom to top, left to right or right to left as habit.

Mark

7. euclid

euclid

I disagree. When you drag the scroll bar down and then move to click on the next page, the "share this thread" link is right in the path of your mouse. It must be the worst place on the screen to put it and it's extremely annoying.

Simply move it to the left of the screen or stop the pop-up covering the page number links.

8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It worked!

You're not the first to complain about it. I just got rid of that feature until I can find something better.

I just lowered the time requirement between posts to a more reasonable amount, so from this point forward you won't likely run into that post blocking issue as frequently, if at all.

Thanks for the feedback.

9. Max E.

Max E.

Now can you please make good on my first request and ban yourself Baron? :D

j/k, Thx alot for addressing these issues, im just happy to see im not the only handicap who cant brouse the internet without getting into unintended websites.....

10. Thanks for the fix :)

#10     Jul 17, 2011