Moderator standards.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jack hershey, Jun 24, 2003.

1. The point of the statement about the 135 pages of discourse was that it was free of personal rancor and name calling. A set of standards developed organically on "The Stochastic Indicator": free exchange, and blunt but respectful commentary. Further, the thread has no ownership save for the participants, despite its founding post by Hershey.

Jack Hershey could no longer abide by the standards of the thread and had a post deleted.

#11     Jun 25, 2003
  2. You coward. You pick on the oldest guy here?!? You unbelievable coward. I'll tell you what, I'll take Jack's place, and let's see if you can break my jaw. I'm going to talk to Don Bright about this challenge, telling him you started it with your unsolicited provokation of an elderly gentleman. Now, i'll finish it by wiping the floor with your arse.

#12     Jun 25, 2003
  3. Below is a post bu dgabriel deleted from this thread by someone.

06-24-03 08:21 PM
    TA is my forum and if you want to tell people to go fuck themselves you will have to do it somewhere else, Jack. And if you had said it in person, you would be nursing a broken jaw now.

135 pages of unedited discourse on "The Stochastic Indicator".

end of post.

for some reason and in his forum, he thinks that I started the thread.

It was a two step process actually.

The thread was started by someone else on the basis that I was messing up another thread. Then it was moved to this forum subsequent by another unknown person.

My name was attached to the first post.

For some reason the TA forum moderator feels that he needs to assert that the statement he makes on no editing fro 135 pages is a form of proof of the quality of his non efforts.

I looked around ET. There are a lot of problems here as people are pointing out. So be it.

I have made my point vis a vis ET and it is not going to be improved. This is reality.

I have spent a lot of time building and for some reason I never documented in software how I trade. Nor did I write it up directly.
    Here there are a core of people who are focussed on personal improvement by adding to their approaches. We all see their orientations from what they produce in communications.

The range of skills utilized here by people shows, that as they posted in their forums and journals that they change and improve.

In a learning system, there is structure, processes, and results.

ET may be a learning system. The moderators and the king turn out to not be the learning structure. As some state (see above) the structure is "organic" as far as process is concerned. The structure part is limited as non-moderators and non-kings have catelogued. People here characterize the results. magna thinks ET is all beginner stuff and tells people how to communicate as he grandstands. TNT apologies to a person who has quit after the person had restarted and tried to set up a beginner level extraction system to make 200 dollars a day per contract in a bout three futures index applications.

There is no way possible to reconcile the needs of learners and have a learning system work in ET. ET is a business where the business money makers (controllers) use volunteers to police following the rules of the business. ET is just a mediocre system where members join to satisfy their contemporary needs.

#13     Jun 25, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Interesting how someone who is supposedly so elderly and so frail manages to churn out these lengthy rants.

dgabriel, we're with you.

#14     Jun 25, 2003
  5. Jack, we must be on the right side if phoenix is against us.

The lowest form of life on this board are dgabriel and phoenix, so as Johnny Rotten said (about getting maggots like these against you), "pat yourself on the back for a job well done!"

#15     Jun 25, 2003
  6. If you hate it... then leave the site...

Goto Yahoo! Message Board or misc.invest.stocks

You'll never get posts deleted...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#16     Jun 25, 2003
  7. Jack,

If you have a problem or feel you've noticed some form of abuse, I'm sure a PM to Baron would be helpful. There are a lot of people who are trying to contribute to this community in a constructive way.

Otherwise, you should agree with me that there are other domains (Usenet, Yahoo, Raging Bull, etc) that can get rather lawless and deconstructive.

What EliteTrader does is give every member the liberty of stating their own opinions freely without detracting from the professionalism and superior content that this site provides. If you feel a mistake has been made, then by all means send a PM to address your concerns.

There are many users from many different backgrounds all contributing in their own unique ways to ET. No online community is without its flaws. However, I do believe that ET contains the best caliber posts on trading that you will find in any community.

#17     Jun 25, 2003
  8. You are 1 stupid SOB, phoenix.

I know many elderly gentleman, some in their 90's, who are sharp as a tack. What does age have to do with anything?

I've got the same advice for you as JR gave to candletrader, "you need some sex!" Otherwise, your pent up aggression is spewed at anything that moves, even the elderly.

#18     Jun 25, 2003
  9. Oh, horsecrap! This "community" couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone here. All they care about is the almighty buck from advertisers. That's why they ran Johnny Rotten off the board, even though he was most helpful to many beginners and other traders. Just look at the "views" on his thread, and you will see how well received he was.

That's proof positive the establishment couldn't care less about YOU. Jack Hershey is right, and JR was very right.

#19     Jun 25, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Since Jack keeps using it as an excuse, apparently a great deal.

#20     Jun 25, 2003