Moderator ... BE FAIR !

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Bono, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Bono

Bono

To whoever is moderating those threads, I have a question.

I contribute to a website, OK ? Earlier I used to handle a daily pick. They're not doing it anymore. Now I'm handling the research, or the so-called learning section.

Why is it that many ETs include their PERSONAL websites under their signatures, and whenever I do that for a website I don't EVEN own, you interfere.

Isn't ET about learning, and helping people learn ???
    Why are you being an obsctale here ???

Thank you for taking the time to give me one straight answer, once and for ALL !

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It doesn't make any difference if you own it or not. By posting a web link to a commercial web site in your signature, you are still advertising on their behalf, which is a violation of our member agreement. If you posted a link to the site in a post once, that wouldn't be a big deal but using your signature for ongoing promotion is not acceptable.

We provide a user profile that enables you to list your homepage or favorite website. You also listed that same site in your profile, which is fine. The bottom line is that if you submit good posts, people are going to click on your name and view your profile anyway, which will ultimately lead them to the site you have listed. We feel like that's a fair way for interested people to discover your site instead of forcing the link on everyone through each and every one of your posts.