Moderator Admits he has Anti-War Bias

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MondoTrader, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Andre

Andre

Thanks for the laugh Mondo.

Its time that members know that their moderators are here to bash patriotism in all its forms

::chuckles:: I told my wife at breakfast that you called me a pacifist, and she about spit her coffee out! I live in a liberal little college town, and I'm steadily becoming more republican every day. I'm probably more libertarian than anything, but I just can't bring myself to register with any party.

It's interesting to me how you only picked one particular line out of my post. Did you see other lines in my post, like: I generally think the (anti-war) protestors have their heads in the sand.? I come from a military family. Did you see my post here?

Here was my complete post that branded me a pacifist and biased:

I don't have the time to venture into chit chat. I have a cousin over there right now. My local paper ran a story of an american soldier who was killed over there who I played against in a 3 on 3 tournament a few years ago. They beat us by 2 points, I think. He was a nice guy, impossible to block out and very friendly... I still remember him. And he's gone now.

I generally think the protestors have their heads in the sand. However, I've seen no real need for the US to be bombing Iraq. No threat to our country or others, from Iraq recently. I sure hope we find the evidence of weapons mass destruction they claim is there.

The American ideals I hold most dear are freedom of speech, freedom of association and the right to dissent. Those include running a forum as you see fit. Some claim when their posts are being deleted that they have been censored. Others feel we should censor more.

The fact that this debate exists, is proof of two things:
    One that we are free and two that the forum is well run.

Can anyone explain to me how that post brands me as a pacifist? Or how it bashes patriotism? Or even how it shows bias from a moderator? Cripes, I haven't ever deleted a post in the board here on ET.

André

#11     Mar 27, 2003
  2. you said that the war protestors have their heads in the sand, then you said you were against the war ! If the protestors have their heads in the sand, WHERE IS YOUR HEAD ? Up your ass most likely.

#12     Mar 27, 2003
  3. The moderator's job is to keep a thread on topic, make sure it is in the appropriate forum, and redact or expunge spam posts.

It is not incumbent upon the moderator to withold opinions on topics, or not participate in threads.

#13     Mar 27, 2003