Modafini

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by stephencrowley, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Ever here of "absenth" not sure of the spelling. It has been illegal for over 100 years. Ever see that famous picture of all the drunks wandering the streets in france during the time of it's height.

Well as I said befor in earlier post I was a bartender for 12 years. They were still using wormwood the key ingrediant in vermouth bottles up until the mid 1970's.

The owner of a place I used to work in had some lying around in his private stock. I was out of it for 2 whole days. Missed work and all and the manager was going to fire me because I didn't show up.

I told him to call the owner, he did and I didn't get fired. LOL. Crazy stuff.

#41     Apr 29, 2006
  2. It's called absinthe. We had it all over eastern and central Europe. In Prague even in the early-90's you could buy it in petrol stations.

http://www.absinth.com/

Never understood what the big deal was. Always seemed almost like two shots tequila, two beers and two skunky blunts. Then maybe with some good hashish thrown in for good measure. But who can’t handle that? :D

Much better than drinking that heinous concoction known as absinthe. ((shudder))

#42     Apr 29, 2006
  3. From what I understand all absinth being produced today is not made from wormwood the ingrediant that causes the hallicinations. We bought a bottle for our bar just for a conversation and marketing. The real stuff though is quite a different story and you may be right in getting it in Prague, but forget about in the US.

#43     Apr 29, 2006
  4. ultranet

ultranet

Salvia D? never heared of this one.....

#44     Oct 26, 2006
  5. chrisnyc

chrisnyc

Users (myself included) report that it's surprisingly clean and smooth compared to caffeine or other stimulates. In fact, I'll still take cat-naps during the day, but they're brief, and I'm even more well rested afterwards than I would be otherwise.

In short, I take it first thing in the morning, and (for me) it works very well.

I have a prescription for off-label use. Off-label simply means doctors will prescribe it to suppress the need for sleep. To read more, please see:

http://www.helium.com/tm/315050

#45     Jun 15, 2007
  6. It will soon be legal in the US; a cunning businessman I know got FDA approval for wormwood.

#46     Jun 17, 2007
  7. I was stuck in backpacking hostel in Prague with a bunch of American and Canadian tourists drinking Absenthe for a week. Never again.

It might sound cool, but it really does tast like crap. And wipes you out. Not overly pleasent.

Van Gough cut his ear off after drinking it you know.

Runningbear

#47     Jun 19, 2007