Modafini

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by stephencrowley, Apr 6, 2006.

1. bitrend

bitrend

A sauna and a massage could help greatly. I prefer to avoid any non-natural remedy if possible. This happen to every programmer, we're exited to get the result and tired as well.

I remember one computer scientist said, he used to give C++ course, as a programmer we are lazy since we want everything to be done by a computer in the hope it will facilitate us. Then we're working so hard to tell computer to do thing and as a result we're the most naive in the World. I always remember that. :D

#12     Apr 7, 2006
  2. lol. Well it's myself driving the deadlines (for my trading adventures). Deadlines for work, I don't care that much about, working for a salary is for suckers. I wouldn't suggest anyone become a programmer these days if you have the capital to hire someone.

But yeah, sauna/massage is definately a good idea, but that doesnt give me the abiltity to sit and theorize/code for 18 hours straight. I get so deep in thought that it's a huge drain to have to do anything besides what I'm thinking about and it takes a long time to ramp back up. So basically I just want to be able to concentrative massivley for an extended period of time without having to worry about fatigue/concentration/etc.

I don't have any problem relaxing or working out, etc when I get time, but that's a completely different issue.

I've been contrating on making my computer do some thinking instead of just 'doing'. :)

#13     Apr 7, 2006
  3. I think the modanfil is the same thing as provigil. I take that sometimes as well as adderall . I like provigil, it will keep you awake and in not a stimulant. Adderall makes me super focused, however it is speedy. I think I saw provigil for about 250 a month supply somewhere online. I take 200 mg of it. 100 mg not enough .

#14     Apr 7, 2006
  4. Cheese

Cheese

Well, hell, I don't know what it is with some of you guys. I know I have burned and can burn the candle at both ends. Sleep is partly cumulative. Its like excessive partying .. you can just let it all go and hit sack for a whole day or more. You know .. you can catch up and put in some storage.

Anyone agree?
    :)

#15     Apr 7, 2006
  5. You're taking way too much then. Buy the 100 mg tabs and a
    pill cutter. Take a quarter pill, 25 mg, good for three or four
    hours. I have never had a problem falling asleep after taking
    it three hours prior.

#16     Apr 8, 2006
  6. Stephen,

You should know better, this will NEVER work. You diagnosed your present predicament all by yourself. Take well care!

Thomas Watson Sr., IBM's founder used to say: "Machines should work, people think".

nono

#17     Apr 8, 2006
  7. I use the term 'think' loosely, but I am somewhat inspired by On Intelligence. <-- dont expect anything really technical there.

By thinking, I mean, not making model assumptions about the data. Using the latest nonparametric methods to infer structure from the data. That is learning, or 'thinking' depending on how philosophical you want to get.

No predicament here, but time only flows one way.

#18     Apr 8, 2006
  8. Do you need a prescription for Mondafinil in the US or is it OTC?

Runningbear

#19     Apr 12, 2006
  9. Also have a look at something like this:

http://smart-drugs.com/Get-Smart.htm

it will improve your metabolism of glucose in the brain and allow you to concentrate for longer as well as retain more information.

Runningbear

#20     Apr 12, 2006