Mocrosoft Powerpoint software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by syd697, Dec 2, 2003.

1. syd697

syd697

Ok, so I have MS Office XP Small Business Edition with a PC that I bought in March 2003. My PC also came with MS Office XP '2002 Edition SP-1. I'm not sure why I have 2 disks with each of those, but anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to access the Powerpoint software. As I've gone around with Dell (my PC brand) with 4 different techs, software support, customer support, hardware, all while waiting for 2 1/2 hours to talk to them, I still couldn't get an answer whether Powerpoint is included with what I have. I can't locate it in the program files, or anywhere in windows explorer, or thru the search files & folders.

Can anybody with some knowledge on these products tell me whether Powerpoint is included with MS Office SBE, or do I have to buy it separately? Thanks.

2. Ebo

Ebo

You are welcome.

3. syd697

syd697

Hi,

That free download is the Powerpoint viewer. I already have that. The viewer will let you view other people's Powerpoint presentations, it doesn't actually give you the Powerpoint software application, which is what I need.

4. I'm not sure if PW is included with the Small business edition but you can find the answer easily:

1) Click on your Start menu button and navigate to the "programs" option. If Powerpoint has been pre-installed by Dell there will be an icon there named "Microsoft Powerpoint".

2) If you don't see the PW icon in step 1), simply pop in your Office CD 1 in your CD tray and this will automatically start the Office install program. You'll be given a choice of what Office programs to install and then you'll see for sure if Powerpoint is an option. If it is, select it, install it, reboot, and you'll be up and running in 10 minutes.

Elvis