Mock Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Comanche, Jun 4, 2007.

How would you vote at this moment?

1. D-Bill Richardson

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. D-Hillary Clinton

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. D-Barack Obama

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. D-Joe Biden

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. D-John Edwards

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. R-Fred Thompson

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  7. R-Mitt Romney

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  8. R-John McCain

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  9. R-Rudy Guiliani

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  10. R-Newt Gingrich

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. clearly, Dr. Paul is the only reasonable choice.

#31     Jun 9, 2007
  2. The fiat currency issue is hardly the <b>only</b> reason a voter could turn Libertarian!

How about high taxes? How about drug prohibition? How about over-regulation, federal intrusions into your local school system, foreign policy meddling, privacy concerns, State's rights, etc.? Clearly, there's a lot more than just one issue at stake here.

#32     Jun 9, 2007
  3. achilles28

achilles28

I disagree.

I think America is ready for a Constitutional Candidate but unaware the option exists.

If Paul got half the exposure a Giuliani or Romeny got, he'd be a shoe-in.

The biggest obstacle in the Paul campaign is free and fair exposure in the press.

Big media gate-keepers will not endorse or give Paul a fair shake. From that, America falsely concludes Paul isn't 'electable' because media talking heads tell them so.

The political and financial powerbase in this country is shit scared of Paul. Dissolve the IRS. Eliminate the Federal Reserve. End the War.

Paul message is a multifaceted attack not only against Americas powerbase, but they way that powerbase controls the voting public.

Paul is waking people up. He is forcing critical and original thought into the debate. And thats rousing the minds of the American public thats been asleep for a very long time....

This is a threat to the Establishment.

How do we get around it? Grassroots. Just keep on pumping Paul until enough people realise 'its ok' to support him.

And thats all it is.

#33     Jun 9, 2007
  4. And while you're pumping Ron Paul, pump the FairTax too.:D

I feel dirty after writing that.

#34     Jun 9, 2007
  5. "Paul is waking people up. He is forcing critical and original thought into the debate. And thats rousing the minds of the American public thats been asleep for a very long time....

This is a threat to the Establishment."

I agree. We do get candidates from time to time who force critical thinking ,etc. the problem I see with this type of candidate is people believe he might actually do these things. They are afraid of someone who might actually do what he says, in the meantime everyone votes for the candidate they don't believe will actually do what he says.

#35     Jun 9, 2007
  6. hah. well said.

and true, he is the only guy on either stage that has consistently voted in accordance with the Constitution and that isn't a spineless lying shill ready to say any goddamned thing when a few bucks are waved in his (or her) face. that type of thing doesn't sit well with the people that have the bucks.

#36     Jun 9, 2007
  7. achilles28

achilles28

People generally support Paul once they understand his position.

And thats key.

Media has painted Paul as an 'unelectable, radical'. To the public, these accusations become truth even before they're consciously examined.

I haven't heard of one THINKING American who hasn't voiced support for Paul after careful examination of his position (save Zzzzzz).

Hes widely popular among both Dems and Repubs who want Constitutional Reform.

#37     Jun 9, 2007