Mock Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Comanche, Jun 4, 2007.

How would you vote at this moment?

1. D-Bill Richardson

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. D-Hillary Clinton

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. D-Barack Obama

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. D-Joe Biden

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. D-John Edwards

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. R-Fred Thompson

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  7. R-Mitt Romney

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  8. R-John McCain

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  9. R-Rudy Guiliani

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  10. R-Newt Gingrich

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. man

man

sure you are talking about THIS thread?

#21     Jun 6, 2007
  2. #22     Jun 6, 2007
  3. They post 10 choices and like everything else, everyone talks about the card they weren't dealt. I'm not saying anything is wrong with discussing Paul but just sense the disatisfaction about most things in general. I just opine the policies of the govt are basically a consensus boulder (consensus of the academics, the monied, etc, not Joe six pack) and we only get to pick the messenger.

#23     Jun 6, 2007
  4. Hillary leading the dems??? PATHETIC!

#24     Jun 9, 2007
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Then why not include just one option - the cookie-cutter Establishment Shill

We've only got one choice anyway.

What does it matter if massive Government and police-state law is handed down by Hillary or Mitt?

#25     Jun 9, 2007
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Ron Paul.

There is no other option.

#26     Jun 9, 2007
  7. I'm not sure the country is ready for ron paul. Talking to politico kids straight from the NJ Governor's Ball tonight (clinton was the big atendee), a life experienced 64 year old black man, a 30-ish white philosophy teacher from a nearby city... etc, ppl who strongly identify as democrats... I think they identify more by their disdain for bush than as 'democrats', but just don't realize it.

It seems like most americans are galvanized against bush's effectiveness as a leader, but monetary inflation is a complex issue most people don't understand or can't express well. It's bad, but not imperative at these levels. there's also a regressive relationship between households suffering significantly from inflation and their liklihood to have a voice.

It seems just slow enough to persist. Most households dissapear before they organize and find real representation

#27     Jun 9, 2007
  8. man

man

this ron paul seems to be very different from almost
    all other american politicians ... would be great for the
    country. but unlikely either. people are not smart ...

#28     Jun 9, 2007
  9. LT701

LT701

i guess i dont understand why ron paul is not included in this poll

was i hallucinating, that he was in the debates?

the poll of 'how you would vote at this time' is 100% hypothetical, because it's in the context of 'if ron paul were not in the race', which simply isnt the case

the arbitrary exclusion of one candidate completely invalidates the poll, as voter's preference and issue are very complex. There's really no way to know were the ron paul voters would go, unless you had a poll that asked 'if you are a ron paul voter, who is your second choice?'

#29     Jun 9, 2007
  10. How about Henry Paulson as a possible? He's got to be the most powerful man left standing in this admin.

Country desperate for leaders we can look up to - - not down at.

#30     Jun 9, 2007