MOC unbundled rates with IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by luisHK, Apr 5, 2012.

1. luisHK

luisHK

Hi

According to the following link, under the IB cost plus commission scheme, my MOC trades should be chargeded 0.0035 + 0.001 per share through ARCA. Sometimes it happens that way, but pretty often, like today, I get charged around 0.0075 per share (0.075257 today according to the trade log).

Any idea why, and how I could fix the issue ?

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=commission

2. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

When you called and asked IB, what did they say the extra charge is for.

3. luisHK

luisHK

I opened a ticket with IB the same time I started this thread. Issue under review.

4. How many shares per trade? If only a couple hundred, you may be getting hit by the min ticket charge on your smaller orders.

5. luisHK

luisHK

There was nothing wrong, fee differential mostly came from the transaction fee on sales, which adds up per share when dealing with 100usd+ per share issues. Mostly trading futures nowadays and missed the obvious regulatory fee.

6. Bob111

Bob111

there is a minimum fee on every order

from their Cost plus page:

[2] USD 0.35 minimum per order for monthly volume exceeding 100,000,000 shares.
    USD 0.70 minimum per order for monthly volume up to 100,000,000 shares.

7. luisHK

luisHK

Minimum fee has no relation with my case, the extra cost came from the transaction fee on DIA and SPY sales. It comes to .0029usd/share on DIA@130 for instance

Transaction Fees
    (Stocks, ETF, Warrants, Rights, Voting Trust Certificates) USD0.0000224*Value of Aggregate Sales