MOC Orders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Champion, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Recently I've listened to some intriguing talk about how MOC orders can swing the market this way or that coming into the close?

It is fairly common to see a declining index futures price with a sting in the tail .. say Ym 30 points up off the bottom in the last hour or even sometimes a big surge up 60 points plus?

What is the majority view or experience? What about individual stocks? What about stock market index futures in general?

2. My experience with this is to watch the last 15 minutes and spreadsheet it.

Your columns should indicate you direction to be executed according to your systems call. Then do an MFE and MFE of the last 15 minutes to draw one of two conclusions: (you can actully put on a side trade too!)

When I'm long, get out at the 15 minutes before mark.

When I am short, get out in the last 45 seconds.

or...

Versa Vice....

Michael B.

3. also...

Fridays and holiday schedules are special. Lots of folks go flat...(Wednesday and Thursdays, there is a lot of posturing in Retail Spot Forex too...but that is another story)

4. There are specific things to watch for with MOC's, based on time frames starting at 3:30, 3:40, 3:50 and of course, 3:59 or so. Expirations are different, month end, quarter end, are obviously a bit different as well.

Don

5. Well yes that too:) Don udaman! I got to get my butt over there to you guys one of these day's after I retire and get back to trading full time.....it's you or hlv capital...cause I need the training!

6. Let me know when you're ready.

I'm sure that Mr. Vaccaro is much to busy at HL(Vacarro) trading to help, LOL.

Don :)

7. Don, you are the resident expert on Elitetrader.

Without taking up your time giving a big post, can you give us a few examples on the time frames you mention?

Many thanks.

8. Don,

Yeah, But I gotta get my series 7 with you...I am embarrassed to admit how many times I had to take the series three to pass!!!

9. Yes, and you have to have driver's license to drive a car...but anyone can sit in the back seat and and donate" ...Try a 5 day "cram course" - it will save you zillions...."just do it" - "You wouldn't want to give an unlicensed surgeon the keys to the surgery theatre, would you?"

Don

10. You and I both know that the series 7 has nothing to do with the work of everyday trading.....

Bob, You do have good one-liners though... :)

#10     Oct 1, 2005