MOC access

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mcelitetrader, Mar 22, 2006.

1. With all due respect, I don't think the ARCA report is the equivilent of the NYSE imbalance info, though I make no claims to NYSE expertise.

#11     Mar 28, 2006
  2. In my opinion, the current market is moved by imbalances. When I say that, what I mean is, that in a general sense it is the market's response to imbalances that causes the market to move with momentum or to consoldate.

For those who may disagree, hey no problem, go your own way. For those who want to investigate the subject further, you can obtain further information on the subject by reading comments from other folks including Peter Steidlmeyer as follows;

"While Steidlmayer doesn’t disavow the basic tenets of Market Profile, he is quick to point out that popular Market Profile trading methods used in the late 80s are no longer viable because “the imbalance between the buyers and sellers is overwhelming the immediate liquidity of the marketplace"

On an individual basis, imbalances are traded on the open (See Don Bright's Thread) and you may find your best information there.

Good luck,
    Steve

#12     Mar 28, 2006
  3. Thanks steve, for the lesson in how markets work.

Did your response have anything to do with my post, cause if it did, someone is in deep caca.

#13     Mar 28, 2006