mobileTWS optimized for Android Tablet

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by dst, Feb 5, 2013.

1. spread trader runs?

#11     Feb 7, 2013
  2. NoBias

NoBias

Correct, however, IB Data Fee's are minimal, most are waived with minimal activty, so it becomes a moot point.

My IB data fee's are covered usually in one trade < 1 pip/tick to put it in perspective.

You can also subscribe to separate data subscriptions per username which keeps the cost even lower, if one desires. Of course, I don't advocate not subscribing to a data feed on instruments which one trades to save a few dollars.

I use MobileTWS more as a backup and monitor than an alternate trading platform. The convenience and peace of mind dual usernames provides is well worth the few extra dollars.

It is also good Insurance against technical failures by using an alternate technology [3G]. When you need to close a position and your ISP fails, you won't think twice about data fee's...

#12     Feb 7, 2013
  3. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

Thank you all for giving this Android Tablet optimized mobileTWS a try. I will try to answer as many questions as I can in one post

Problem with missing input field to enter email is addressed in build that we will post tomorrow.

1: eventually, yes, the will be on par

3: smartphone version will run on all devices, tablet version will run on devices with reasonably large screen, otherwise we’ll show warning; Nexus 7 is sufficiently large.

4: possibly, I don’t have set date for this yet

Yes, it differs (same difference as for iOS tablet vs phone version); it is designed for larger screen; it shows different (more) data (e.g. some fundamental data points that we don’t have real estate on phone to render)

Eventually

---

I would appreciate more people giving it a try before we post to Google Play / Amazon App Store; as before – feel free to post your comments/suggestions here or PM me. Thank you!

#13     Feb 14, 2013
  4. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

#14     Mar 4, 2013
  5. NoBias

NoBias

Thank you for your previous response.

Looking forward to the new app, waiting for Asus' release of their new fonepad, think this will be a nice combination. [combination of the nexus 4 & 7]

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/asus-fonepad/4505-3126_7-35619221.html

#15     Mar 4, 2013
  6. TylerD

TylerD

Q. What do I search for to find it on Google play ?
    ( Seaching for TWS or for intersactive Brokers gets me the regular mobileTWS, not the moileTWS for tablet. )

A. Cannot find while searching within Google Play, but googling the web brought me to an IB page with a like to get it from 'Market',
    and apparently 'Market' is a pseudonym for Google Play.

Q. Does this work on Sumsung Galaxy Note 2 ?
    A. No.

#16     Mar 25, 2013
  7. thanks for the heads' up on that. I have a Galaxy S and a Nexus7 tablet. The Nexus device showed me that it's not Android that is the problem with Android, it's the butchered experience with the Samsung s%^t.. I'll pass on the Note2 for awhile..

#17     Mar 25, 2013
  8. hpe

hpe

working with the table version?
    Nexus 5 perhaps? Or Note 3?
    It would be great.

Thanks
    /hpe

#18     Nov 6, 2013