mobile TWS on a Samsung Galaxy 3

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by CodeX, Sep 15, 2012.

1. CodeX

CodeX

If i go for a Samsung Galaxy 3 mobile, can i use Interactive Broker's mobile TWS?

2. Android phones run modified java "like" VM called called Dalvik. I looked into it also and it probably isn't impossible but doesn't seem that feasible.You would certainly need a rooted phone.

On a side note, how do you like the GS III, have you tried it out yet? I still have a Droid X from two years ago.. I've kept it because it is rooted and has everything I need but it is starting to show its age. I'm between its the GS III and the Razr Maxx.

Edit: Sorry I see note you were asking about the mobile TWS, I thought you were talking about desktop version. Mobile should work since most earlier apps are backwards compatible with newer Android versions but there is no guarantee with IBs software!

3. Mr_You

Mr_You

I'm not an IB customer yet, but when I was looking into their offerings it seemed pretty clear to me that their iOS app was their top priority for mobiles. More features, developer support, etc. So you may want to keep this in mind. There are plenty of good deals on used or previous gen iPhones.