MO money

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by JackMorgan, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Shares of cigarette giant Altria Group Inc. fell more than 7% in morning trading after The Wall Street Journal reported that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is preparing to order Juul Labs Inc. to take its e-cigarettes off the U.S. market.

the should have banned this garbage before it hit the streets. FDA fail again

wastelands likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

There was a stock yesterday, XXII, that was up over 20% on this news because they have patents on a low nicotine tobacco, and apparently they are going to roll out a line of low nicotine cigarettes.

Putting this stock aside and the herd mentality that ran it up, any smoker will tell you that a low/no nicotine cigarette just doesn't get it. So there's that. But christ almighty, nicotine does not harm people. It's the byproducts, tar, etc in combustible cigarettes that kill.

So this whole thing is stupid. Why Juul? Why aren't they going after... for example Vuze, the number two brand, owned by BTI (British American Tobacco Company)?

They pass out crack smoking kits now, they want to legalize weed which anyone with any sense knows makes young people stupid and sedentary, and yet they want to cut down on nicotine addiction?

Read the warning labels on any pack of E-Cig cartridges. Not ONE mention of the words cancer or lung disease. Not one. Why is that? Do you really think in this day and age of the nanny state we all live in they'd let a billion dollar plus industry get away without a warning label? F no.

I have no idea what's going on with all this, but anyone that can see the forest for the trees knows that there's more here than meets the eye.
    ~vz

athlonmank8 likes this.
  3. Yo vz, good post, I like it. But question - you said -

"ead the warning labels on any pack of E-Cig cartridges. Not ONE mention of the words cancer or lung disease. Not one. Why is that? Do you really think in this day and age of the nanny state we all live in they'd let a billion dollar plus industry get away without a warning label? F no."

I thought the E-Cigs were supposed to just have nicotine, not the byproducts like tar, etc. you mentioned. Is that wrong? If it is right, and its just nicotine, why would they logically need a warning label?

Thanks!

4. So totally unrelated question: MO is down BIGLY over he past couple of weeks - good time to buy? Or more downside to come?

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

No that was my point, there's no warning label because they (apparently) don't cause cancer. I mean if they did, or if there was even a chance they could, the manufacturers would be required to put that on them. So if they don't harm you, why would they go after them? And why only Juul?

6. Ah, I follow you now vanzandt, thanks. And I agree 100%. This reeks of some political bullshit.